Bluetooth and iPod/USB?

MikeeB

Hi all,

I have got an Ibiza SC 1.6 sport on order as my company car. Its due to be delivered at the end of march and I'm looking forward to it!

From what I remembered the spec I ordered was Candy White, 17" alloys, Bi-Xenons, hillhold, arm rest, climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, and ipod/USB.

It was ordered through a broker and as such I havent actually spoken to a dealer at all. I noticed on the Seat car configurator it won't allow you to select both Bluetooth and ipod/USB. Does anyone know if this due to the fact you can't have both fitted? I have had a look around and couldn't find any reference to this anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated!

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Hi all,

I have got an Ibiza SC 1.6 sport on order as my company car. Its due to be delivered at the end of march and I'm looking forward to it!

From what I remembered the spec I ordered was Candy White, 17" alloys, Bi-Xenons, hillhold, arm rest, climate control, Bluetooth connectivity, and ipod/USB.

It was ordered through a broker and as such I havent actually spoken to a dealer at all. I noticed on the Seat car configurator it won't allow you to select both Bluetooth and ipod/USB. Does anyone know if this due to the fact you can't have both fitted? I have had a look around and couldn't find any reference to this anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You definitely CAN have the Bluetooth and the USB/Ipod option. I have the Bluetooth radio and i want the USB option. The Bluetooth was fitted pre-sales, but the USB option is going to cost me £210 !!!! - but it can be done, i confirmed this with Seat.

Regards,
Andy

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Don't forget with the USB/iPod option you get a port (next to the aux in port) and you will need to buy the cable/cradle thing for your iPod.. which costs extra :(

-Cyph

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
maybe.. when i went thru the options at my local dealer, i said it and the guy told me i'd have to buy seperate stuff for it... so i decided to just use aux and save the £93 option + the cost of the cable.

-Cyph

MikeeB

Cool thanks for the replies guys. Thats what I was hoping to hear! The company I work for insisted me having the Bluetooth option for safety reasons, but I really wanted the USB option! I used to have a Clio and I had the USB adapter on that using an 8gb stick, and it was perfect.

The broker we use deals with all the ordering and we asked for it as an option but in the past when another employee ordered a Golf Plus it ended up not coming with it and I think it turned out that the reason was that the two can't be ordered together on that car.

MikeeB

By the way Cyphnor, do you have any pictures of your car? I have ordered a White SC having never seen one in the flesh! I only saw it in the citrus colour before ordering as when I checked it out at my nearest dealership that was the only colour they had in. I didn't know they did a sport design pack either. What does it consist of and out of interest how much do they charge for it?

Cheers

Mike

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
You'll love the BlueTooth radio!. Mine came with it on (Demo Car), i got it free. Thought i'd never use it, but i couldn't be without it now !!

Andy

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
Hey mikee,

I don't have my car yet (waiting till April!!) But if you find a thread by me called "*My* White Ibiza SC" there's a link in there from a memeber called Irfan, to a white sc with the sport design pack, look on page two at the top :)

The sport design pack is well hidden (i.e. not on the configurator) and comes with:
  • Tinted windows
  • Custom Dashboard
  • Front Arm Rest
  • Storage Pack

I really wanted the custom dash (again see irfans pics) and the fact it meant i got tinted windows too was just a bonus. I think it's something like £220 .. not 100% sure tho.

-Cyph

Edit
Linky to Irfans pics

MikeeB

I spoke to the dealers today and my car is now in the country! I picked the reg no. and apparently it should be with me in 7 or 8 days time.

I have a further couple of questions about the Bluetooth and ipod/USB options though.
Firstly, with the bluetooth can you pair more than one phone with it, either seperately or at the same time. Reason I ask is that it would be great if I could pair my personal phone as well as my company one.
Secondly, if you plug in a USB memory stick, when you scroll through it with the cars stereo does it display folder and track names. The guy I spoke to from Seat told me that you can on the Leon's stereo but he wasn't sure about the new Ibiza's.

Cheers for any help

MikeeB

not sure on your questions mikeee... but i have a Q for you...

When did you order your company car?

-Cyph

It was ordered sometime around the start of December. I think they originally told us 8 to 10 weeks for delivery. Its been a bit longer but given the slowdown in car manufacturing and the fact that there probably would have been a delay over christmas I don't think its too bad. It should be well worth the wait anyhow!

Mike

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
I spoke to the dealers today and my car is now in the country! I picked the reg no. and apparently it should be with me in 7 or 8 days time.

I have a further couple of questions about the Bluetooth and ipod/USB options though.
Firstly, with the bluetooth can you pair more than one phone with it, either seperately or at the same time. Reason I ask is that it would be great if I could pair my personal phone as well as my company one.
Secondly, if you plug in a USB memory stick, when you scroll through it with the cars stereo does it display folder and track names. The guy I spoke to from Seat told me that you can on the Leon's stereo but he wasn't sure about the new Ibiza's.

Cheers for any help

You can pair more than one phone, but not together. What i mean by that is you can have 2 phones paired (as i do), but it will only pair with one at a time. Once i switch my samsung off it then pairs with the sony-ericsson automatically, not both together (i.e. it will "remember" more than one phone).

As for USB, i don't have USB, but it will be the same as having mp3's on a CD, in which case yes you can scroll through the folders and root folders, it's a REALLY good radio !!

Regards,
Andy

MikeeB

You can pair more than one phone, but not together. What i mean by that is you can have 2 phones paired (as i do), but it will only pair with one at a time. Once i switch my samsung off it then pairs with the sony-ericsson automatically, not both together (i.e. it will "remember" more than one phone).

As for USB, i don't have USB, but it will be the same as having mp3's on a CD, in which case yes you can scroll through the folders and root folders, it's a REALLY good radio !!

Regards,
Andy

Cool that sounds like it will do what I want. I really just want to be able to use it with my work phone (an O2 XDA - but hopefully will be replaced with iPhone soon!) during the day and then with my personal phone (Sony Ericsson) during the evenings and weekends.

If you use an MP3 CD does it show track names on the display in the car then?

Cheers

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Yep, and in big font ! - really cool !. I'll try and get a picture up on site sometime showing you the display. It shows Track name in BIG letters, underneath that is the Artist (or album if u prefer). When you click the "Browse" button you are able to scroll down in a sort of graphical representation (3 songs per line), so its really easy to select a track.

I put mine on at 160kbps, and get about 120 songs on 1 CD.

The good thing is that it takes CDRW as well as CDR's, that means you can just keep erasing and redoing as your taste changes !

Very cool !

Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Hi, well i've managed to get some (not good quality) shots to try and show the dash/radio etc:

2e3d5p3.jpg

14lk3uf.jpg

29ft9hz.jpg

ogm542.jpg

2gvtq8h.jpg

5lxcvq.jpg

347z6tv.jpg

jql5rq.jpg

be5x7c.jpg

34ewdbo.jpg

The blue lights were just to tart it up a little, got them from Halfords for £7

Hope this helps someone !

Regards,
Andy

MikeeB

Cool that all looks really good! I'm so looking forward to getting it now, I really can't wait. I had borrowed another guy at works company car for the past couple of weeks - an Audi A3 convertible, but sadly I had to swap it back with my Mondeo earlier this evening. Now my new car can't come quickly enough!

cyphnar

Feb 19, 2009
Swindon, Wiltshire
My car's not due until the end of april, givent he estimate the dealer gave me.. I said i'd phone beginning of April but I think I'll phone earlier as I want an update! lol.

do you thnk there's much chance of them turning around and saying that it'll be 6 not 8.. or more liekly they'll say 10 not 8?

I want my car!!!

-Cyph

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members