what coilovers too get for mk3 ibiza cupra??

mcin01

Jul 22, 2010
london
hi everyone

i need help on what coilovers are best for a mk3 cupra (2000).

i brought some FK coilovers (very basic) but went too put them on & found out they were wrong they didn't fit because they where for a mk2 cupra 6k/c 93-99(got that off the FK website).
so i had a go at the company that ordered them for me & got my money back...

now i've got a couple of options now which are ...get the right ones from FK or get another set from a different manufacture.....

im not really fond of FK's because im not really shore of da quality of the ride & don't want too be like a churchill dog bouncing up & down over miner little bumps....:lol:
but my mate swears by them he's had them on all of his cars & said it was a good ride.....:confused:

ive seen a set of weitec hicon gt coilovers!!!!!! from the read up they seem like a really good option.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!:think:

what do you think everyonel......????

i would appreciate your feed back..........

thanks

Last edited:

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
to be honest mate you get what u pay for, i believe fk's are a good budget choice, ive read that the weitecs are good quality, i currently have hottung coilies and think they are pretty good, dpm on here are the best place to get them from. hope this helps

mcin01

Jul 22, 2010
london
ok mate cheers

i've never heard the name of the coilies you have where did u get them ???

mcin01

Jul 22, 2010
london
ok lucky you wish i could get a bonus from work........

that's the kit i was looking at,i've read a review on them & they seem a very good buy for the money...

do u know anyone that has the FK kit for there car???

Stoker20VT

Feb 8, 2010
Durham
I got the Wietec GTN's from DPM performance and i cannt fault them. You get the look and handling but donnt compromise the ride :)

mcin01

Jul 22, 2010
london
nah that msg was for another guy who said he had some hottung coilies.... i've never heard of that make!!!!

wow well you've put the work in all year too get that so good on yah..... told you,your lucky.....

im new to this whats a hybird??? what sort of performance do you get outr of that???

i was asking if u know anyone that has a FK coilie set already on there car..... i thought they might have said what the ride was like if you no what i mean...!!!!

mcin01

Jul 22, 2010
london
STOKER20VT

thats the kit that is adjustable coilies on the front & has the shocks & springs rear with like 5 settings on it so you can adjust he height.....???????

bart820

I have the ap coilovers since 1 month

lowered like -60mm and i ve no reproach on them

cheaper than weitecs seems to me a good choice

mcin01

Jul 22, 2010
london
stoker20vt

ok cool what size wheels & tyres you got??
because im goin to be running 17'' by 8'' all round on 195 40 or 45!!!!

bart820

ok whats the ride like???
cause as you have read i dont want to look like a churchill dog!!!!!
what size wheels do you have on your's?????

ndbrgr

THFC
Jul 21, 2008
Kent
I've got Weitec Hicon GTs on my 1.4 and the H&R Cup Kit on my Cupra. I must say the Weitecs are much more comfortable than the H&R. The Weitecs are firm but aren't harsh, and give a decent drop quite easily. I'm running 16 x 7.5 with 195/45/16 tyres.

Last edited:

gt-pete

Bilstein B14.... yes they're dear, and they dont lower by as much as the others, but the quality and performance is untouchable, if you can afford go for the B16's! You deffo wont be disappointed!! :)

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
I've got the fully adjustable (damping and height) weitecs and i can't fault them i've got them set pretty hard but they're still nice and comfortable when crusing along and good round the twisty's

mcin01

Jul 22, 2010
london
im going to get a set of the FK AK's & see how there are because im not going to be racing around a track all i really need them for is the look if you no what i mean.

if i don't like them i can always sell them on in the end...

but thanks everyone for your help & advice i'll let you no how they pan out fingers crossed........
cheers

dannyboy_zs

Any coillies will suffice really if you dont intend to drive it too hard. For looks they all do a similar job :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.