End of the 1.4 twin charger

KevinIB

Sorry, but i cannot put more info´s about the Polo here, please understand me.
the only thing that i can say is. that polo is a small rocket ... with a very good gearbox and no front wheel drive.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Pity they wont put the for wheel drive system in the cupra r as VW likes to keep it exclusive. Same as the leon r not having it, but then again it is the same as the rocco. We can only hope hahahahahaha

The poloman

Aug 2, 2010
Carlisle
Pity they wont put the for wheel drive system in the cupra r as VW likes to keep it exclusive. Same as the leon r not having it, but then again it is the same as the rocco. We can only hope hahahahahaha

The Audi rs1 is getting the four wheel drive system.

I'm sure we would have heard of some progress or plans if there was gonna be an Ibiza cupra R :(

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Sorry, but i cannot put more info´s about the Polo here, please understand me.
the only thing that i can say is. that polo is a small rocket ... with a very good gearbox and no front wheel drive.

Okay, and thanks for confirming it will be 4WD. :)

Without giving any more away (and upsetting your employers), as there have been failures of the 1.4 twin charger TSI engine, will the new higher output engine (Polo R) have strengthened internals in the same sort of way the 2.0 TFSI engines and 1.8T 20V motors had much stonger internal components on the very hight output models?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^^ 4DW Ibiza :no: no chance, if the Leon Cupra R is still FWD :no: If the Ibiza Cupra R ever comes to light it will only be 200 BHP to match the Clio 200. This can be done with a remap as lots of 1.4 twin charger owners already know. I would guess that the Big red calipers will be standard along with an R badge and a price increase. Best off with an FR with the brake upgrade and a 200 map I reckon.

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I think there will be a polo and Audi with AWD, the Ibiza will
Get the same engine as in the "R"s but with FWD.

The RS1 would be the one to go for, bet it's really nice!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Yeah, body is just a GTI with skirts and new bumper hahahahaha Looks wise that is, if they plant the new 1.6Tsi engine in it, it'll be good. Too expensive though tbh

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.