Pictures Please... OEM Armrest (from all angles!)

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
Hey Folks,

I wonder if you can help!! Looking at purchasing an OEM Leon Armrest but just wanted to know a few things (sorry to drag another one of these threads up!)
What colours does it come in... And can somebody post a few pictures of it fitted for me?!
I was just wondering how it looked when fitted in and also what it looks like when you lift it up and inside it!!

Cheers in advance
KEL :rolleyes:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
It comes in black leather with Red pinholes. I have coloured in the red pinholes with a black permanent marker and made a bodge job out of it lol and still needs finishing off. Did not like the red pin holes as it did not match my interior

PS. Will get pics up later if possible for you

Last edited:

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
It comes in black leather with Red pinholes. I have coloured in the red pinholes with a black permanent marker and made a bodge job out of it lol and still needs finishing off. Did not like the red pin holes as it did not match my interior

PS. Will get pics up later if possible for you

Master, thanks for this!! And pictures later on would be great!! Just want to see inside really like is there anywhere for my phone to go and also if I could run a lead in there for my iPod to get connect into the USB/aux in plugs!!

Thanks again
KEL

gak47

I second that 2nd question. My leon isn't here yet but wanna see if I can do that with the cables, atm I do that with my Honda Civic and her armrest. Guess if not a hole could be drilled?

Last edited by a moderator:

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
You can place your phone in there no problem but to put a wire out of it you may need to make a small hole I am guessing. Will get pics of it inside out :)

Yep, planning on making a small hole at the front of the centre console by the front cup holder and the USB/aux in plugs!! Running the cable through the centre console (hopefully) and the drilling a hole through a cup holder to treat and then through into the armrest!

Probably easier said then done but think it would be really handy if it can be done!
Has anybody done this already?

KEL

gak47

Hah just realised I ordered the SE Copa so could use Bluetooth audio streaming. How good is it? Am I to expect a strong signal?

Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
small holes may be an issue whilst the cables are thin remember one end has a USB plug and a jack plug on and the other end has a big fat pug that goes into Iphone/Ipod ;)

gak47

Its easy to cut the end off and rewire... well I say that but dunno if everyone would like to do that.

LeonES

Jun 7, 2011
Will these do

P1000699.jpg
P1000696.jpg
P1000702.jpg
P1000700.jpg
P1000701.jpg

The passenger side of armrest is perforated black/red leather but for some reason the camera lens really exaggerates the red colour, it's much more subtle to the eye.

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
LeonES did you clean the car before taking those pictures ;)

looks exactly like mine and yes the red is more subtle than that but goes very nicely with the red stitching and red in the FR Logos :)

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
Will these do

P1000699.jpg
P1000696.jpg
P1000702.jpg
P1000700.jpg
P1000701.jpg

The passenger side of armrest is perforated black/red leather but for some reason the camera lens really exaggerates the red colour, it's much more subtle to the eye.

LeonES, am I right in thinking the tray inside the armrest - is literally a tray and sits on top of the cup holders?! Is it secured in place and anybody able to take a picture of the underside of the tray for me please?!

Just trying to work out if it will be what I'm after, and will this fit into my plans!! :think:

KEL

gak47

Damn that's a sexy armrest. I feel like I'm being teased. Still don't think its worth the £140 I paid... will see in a week. Gonna have to photo other car extras from every angle ;) hoping its as ergonomically placed as my civic armrest and not as silly as my sisters 1999 passat one (that one was way too high to be used as a rest lol).

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Must admit it's one upgarde i'm pretty sure i want to do myself, but i have simialr concerns in terms of how high it is, does it fould the handbrake lever & make it awkward to get to, and juist how much room is there in there!???

Lack of cubby holes is my only real complaint with the LCR's interior - noth bothered about having loads of drinks holders, would rather have extra places to stash stuff!

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
It has enough room for phones, ipods and other car things you would stash in there. You can use the cup holders still just remove the removable tray and then can use it for coins etc. I got mine for £114 pretty much brand new on ebay but like others say its hard to justify it for £140.

I wouldnt say it obstructs the handbrake or too high and to be fair I just could not be without it now.

I may get it reupholstered in the upcoming months just to suit my interior a little bit more

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
Yeah I'm in the look out for one of these, but as others have said, £140 is too much money for one. Also, I have the white interior, so I'd have to spend even more to get it to match.

Jordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
Must admit it's one upgarde i'm pretty sure i want to do myself, but i have simialr concerns in terms of how high it is, does it fould the handbrake lever & make it awkward to get to, and juist how much room is there in there!???

Lack of cubby holes is my only real complaint with the LCR's interior - noth bothered about having loads of drinks holders, would rather have extra places to stash stuff!

For me it's all about somewhere to lie my phone down, and also connect it to the USB/aux in lead without having a horrible lead everywhere!! But for £140, is it really worth it?! Hmmmm :think:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise