What to expect from stage 2?

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Hey ..... firsty I've searched for an answer to this ..... didnt just bang a new post on!:)

Right, so at the moment I've got a basic remap on my K1 and when it was done the car was totally standard at it produced 279 bhp and 288 nm lb.

Now I have a full 3" decat exhaust system forge DV and Forge Twintake Induction kit .... so the question is what gains could I expect to see from another remap at best:). Are Revo the best people for the job??

And before anyone says I bought the wrong induction kit .... I know, but it looks sweet and sounds nuts! [B)]

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
330 ish I would guess

A fair few people have recently had APR maps loaded and everyone seems over the moon.

Save money for a clutch, HPFP and cooler :D

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
330 ish I would guess

A fair few people have recently had APR maps loaded and everyone seems over the moon.

Save money for a clutch, HPFP and cooler :D

spent too much recently to :(

I know you can get 312 from a stage 1 revo map but their website isnt great for telling you anything after that really.

I was told today by torqutronics (an irish company) that if i got an hpfp then mapped it id be knocking on the door of 360! .............. but theyre Irish and live in irishland and I dont live in irishland! :cry:

Last edited:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009

I know you can get 312 from a stage 1 revo map but their website isnt great for telling you anything after that really.

I was told today by torqutronics (an irish company) that if i got an hpfp then mapped it id be knocking on the door of 360! .............. but theyre Irish and live in irishland and I dont live in irishland! :cry:

You can get an uprated HPFP from a lot of places, LOBA/APR both have a good rep

If you are on the standard IC i doubt you would see more than 340-350 HP but there is a massive amount more torque

If you did go APR for stage 2 there is no extra charge when you want to go 2+ (add the pump)

graememgparker

Aug 24, 2011
Thats good to know. This company will build a pump and remap with rr for 600 ........ miles cheaper than anywhere else Ive heard of, and going by their website they really know their stuff ........but then APR is really prove but what ............ 700 for the pump and 600 for the map?? Scary

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Thats good to know. This company will build a pump and remap with rr for 600 ........ miles cheaper than anywhere else Ive heard of, and going by their website they really know their stuff ........but then APR is really prove but what ............ 700 for the pump and 600 for the map?? Scary

THE APR pumps are proven to be extremely reliable, you do not want the pump to fail as it would cause catastrophic damage

I beleive the APR pump is around 500 on exchange, the loba pump has proved to be pretty good too and is a little cheaper ( I think)

Squealy

Jul 22, 2012
Northern Ireland

I live in NI and I wouldnt be taking my car near TT... complete horror stories from that place. I have my car mapped from another dealer who supplied and fitted my LOBA HPFP for 550 and mapped to suit. Still needs the map to be finished completely but I will see figures closer to 370/380bhp

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

I would go for one of the reliable tuners when messing about with fuel pumps lol

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

Scary?

Spending 600 on a map, RR and fuel pump is scary cheap. It'll be cheap for a reason!

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Stick with one of the big named companies mentioned above - both have their pros and cons and both make good power. Alternatively get all the mods bolted on and take a trip over to Niki in Hinckley (well wortwhile trip no matter where you are in the country) and it will be mapped properly.

If my car didnt already have Revo software when i bought it, I would have taken it to Niki by now

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
Hey ..... firsty I've searched for an answer to this ..... didnt just bang a new post on!:)

Right, so at the moment I've got a basic remap on my K1 and when it was done the car was totally standard at it produced 279 bhp and 288 nm lb.

Now I have a full 3" decat exhaust system forge DV and Forge Twintake Induction kit .... so the question is what gains could I expect to see from another remap at best:). Are Revo the best people for the job??

And before anyone says I bought the wrong induction kit .... I know, but it looks sweet and sounds nuts! [B)]

My story about stage 2 is that I didnt expect so much money to spend.
1. I got full 3" TBE for 700 quid + Cupra R diffuser 400 quid (painting, fitting and shipping)
My remaper refused to remap without HPFP and RS4 valve (autotech for 400quid)
2. It semms that clutch will be gone after remap and it means 1000 quid (clutch + labour?)

Very expensive mods :whistle:

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Different tuners will have different hardware requirements for various stages of tune, and likely this tuner has a generic file (that he may or may not tweak) that is only suitable with a HPFP and RS4 valve fitted. Or i could be completely wrong and the tuner just prefers to do it that way...

If the car is custom mapped, or live mapped or whatever you want to call it, it will be tuned to suit the car and hardware. If you didn't have a HPFP then you wouldn't get the midrange gains you might have if you'd had one fitted

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Different tuners will have different hardware requirements for various stages of tune, and likely this tuner has a generic file (that he may or may not tweak) that is only suitable with a HPFP and RS4 valve fitted. Or i could be completely wrong and the tuner just prefers to do it that way...

If the car is custom mapped, or live mapped or whatever you want to call it, it will be tuned to suit the car and hardware. If you didn't have a HPFP then you wouldn't get the midrange gains you might have if you'd had one fitted

I just thought with the generic files they would have a file for each stage 1,2 and 2+. So customer could match the software to the hardware they have.

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
The big named companies do over here, but as the guy in question didn't specify a tuner and lives in Latvia - who knows :)

Tuner in question may only offer what we call 'stage 2+'

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
The big named companies do over here, but as the guy in question didn't specify a tuner and lives in Latvia - who knows :)

Tuner in question may only offer what we call 'stage 2+'

I have problem with brand remapers (Revo, APR etc.) cause closest is over sea in Finland.
My tuner is a guy, who knows, what he do - most of customers are satisfied with result.
I have custom stage 1 with boost pressure 1,5 bar and my tuner wants to jump to stage 2+.
He explained that theres no reason to remap without HPFP, if I have 3" TBE+ Forge intake only

In the end I will drive my stage 1 with CAI + 3" TBE. One of racers recommended drive my car carefully till I reach stage 2+ cause heat in the engine (lean mixture can damage engine) :blink:

Last edited: