Damian's Leon #red_black project (NOW SOLD)

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
Dials look sweet. Only thing I would change are the white warning lights, white blinking lights and the middle bid between the dials. I Think they look a lot nicer in black.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Cheers for opinion!

Dials look sweet. Only thing I would change are the white warning lights, white blinking lights and the middle bid between the dials. I Think they look a lot nicer in black.

I would but I can't as its how they're done, although I don't really mind any more as all the icons illuminate in a cooler way. Instead of illuminated square its just the icon that illuminates.

Done the taillights today, but as it was my first wrapping ever, I ****ed it up a little and will need to be redone, but will do that when I'll find some time.
CPvtuQy.jpg

ODfpXwr.jpg

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
So, things are pretty quite at the moment. Starting slowly on getting the car back to its clean and sharp shape. Need to do some paint jobs on it as there are few stone chips, as seen on some photos. Everything will be taken care off with the polishing soon. Anyway, I gave my full day today to refurbish (sort of :rolleyes: ) my callipers. They were getting scrubbed and cleaned multiple times. All of the rust and all the messy dirt was removed and smothered. I was surprised by how much they look different after just a good clean. (Although took like 2 hours to do one calliper :lol: ) Anyway, after the good clean gave them two and a bit coats of red and think the improvement is very positive.

lu7a84s.jpg

k8jauBW.jpg

NHPcvrp.jpg

usEgQbb.jpg

fxXtqzW.jpg

uoncib4.jpg

d8rD8AH.jpg

Next up will be removing that tints from the back tail lights and starting on the paint jobs.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Calipers look good mate! The tint on those back lights looks real thick, can you see the lights through them still?

Cheers mate. Those tints are going away... The outcome isn't as I expected. They are thick but the light goes through them totally fine, although still, not my taste. Will go as soon as I have time.

Petey41

Aug 18, 2013
Northern Ireland
Cheers mate. Those tints are going away... The outcome isn't as I expected. They are thick but the light goes through them totally fine, although still, not my taste. Will go as soon as I have time.

I've always thought it would look good on mine, so I might still do it.. Was yours like a film wrap or what mate?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
I've always thought it would look good on mine, so I might still do it.. Was yours like a film wrap or what mate?

Its hard to tell for me as personally I don't like only tinting the clear bit. Mine came as a film wrap and if you do it this way, you have to do it with someone as the film has to be stretched over the lights.

Not seen flyeye tint on rear taillights on leon so Ill might give it a try as my current tint doesn't work! :rolleyes:

Also painted my eyebrows and partly "installed" it. They need to be adjusted with some tools but seems like there is no need of glue as they sit tight. Will post photos tomorrow.

Also bought 10 mm spacers all around.

Petey41

Aug 18, 2013
Northern Ireland
Its hard to tell for me as personally I don't like only tinting the clear bit. Mine came as a film wrap and if you do it this way, you have to do it with someone as the film has to be stretched over the lights.

Not seen flyeye tint on rear taillights on leon so Ill might give it a try as my current tint doesn't work! :rolleyes:

Also painted my eyebrows and partly "installed" it. They need to be adjusted with some tools but seems like there is no need of glue as they sit tight. Will post photos tomorrow.

Also bought 10 mm spacers all around.

Ive heard that flyeye stuff works really well! Must try that out! I need to get spacers too, but alloys need a refurb first :p

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Ive heard that flyeye stuff works really well! Must try that out! I need to get spacers too, but alloys need a refurb first :p

I have the flyeyes on my front lights. Looks sweet but having a hard time to decide what I really want on tail lights. I've change my mind - going plastidip + plastidip glossifier and see how it comes out.

Petey41

Aug 18, 2013
Northern Ireland
I have the flyeyes on my front lights. Looks sweet but having a hard time to decide what I really want on tail lights. I've change my mind - going plastidip + plastidip glossifier and see how it comes out.

Let me know what works best, is the flyeye hard to put on? Looks well!

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Let me know what works best, is the flyeye hard to put on? Looks well!

The fly eye is defiantly harder than plastidip but its a sort of a film wrap too. I will try plastidip soon as I have some leftovers (hopefully enough :think:) Will post photos when done but think it will be best option.

Petey41

Aug 18, 2013
Northern Ireland
The fly eye is defiantly harder than plastidip but its a sort of a film wrap too. I will try plastidip soon as I have some leftovers (hopefully enough :think:) Will post photos when done but think it will be best option.

Awesome man, thanks! Looking forward to seeing how your build goes!

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Awesome man, thanks! Looking forward to seeing how your build goes!

Cheers! Only thing annoying me are the wheels and the huge space between wheels and the body. Seriously needs to go looww. :cry:

Last edited:

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
Thanks man! Might get some VMR V710s if I can find them at the right price

VMRs are fckn hot. I defiantly want some Vossen Wheels in some point in my life. :lol:

Good progress pal!

Keep up the work :)
Cheers mate! Slowly but progressing.

I'm looking to get some alloys on mine. Went to see 2 different sets today but none fitted. (they were multifit) :confused: Sadly I tried my headlight brows on, without sticking them on and after a drive on a motorway, one of them flew away. :cry:

Anyway, will be trying to post any updates but mainly Im getting prepared for big body clean with paint work correction, claying, polishing and all of that. The other day I parked next to exact same red leon. Mine didnt even looked red. Guess my car was never polished or clayed.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise