thePHILosiphers FR TDi - Stage 2 Complete - SOLD!!

Which colour brake calipers suit a red car??

• Red

Votes: 94 64.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
yeah mate live close to mk and work in bedford....recko0n the silver and red would make a good photo...just need to refurb my two offside alloys as got few scuffs on them!

ok mate got my windscreen booked in for the 2nd October (saturday) you free then in the afternoon once its done??

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
My girlfriends parents live by mk and Bedford, a place called flitwick?? I think that's how you spell... Next time I'm down with the mrs, we should all meet ;) few cheeky photos!

Sounds like a plan mate, I know where flitwick is, one of me mates lives there only about 15mins from, the MK mini meet is building me's thinks :D

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Flip Key

I cannot believe that i havent posted about the flip key?? lol shocking behavior D- must try harder lol,

well did this last year the 4th mod i did (2nd round)

went from the standard to these:

2010-10-15001335.jpg

Very simple to do, got timpson's to cut the key and i did the rest myself ;)

video to show and tell :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J4NquusPK0

gotta say, i love having the flip key, so much posher :funk:

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Serviced + BLT Gasket fix fitted

Ok car serviced with a new cambelt,

also got the new EGR gasket fitted and it has made a noticeable difference to the way the car drives, much sharper through the gears and is a joy to drive, means i can get after things alot more now with out having to go on and off the throttle to get a response well worth the £2.38 i bought them for.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Ok little update now, i have the week off work before the xmas rush and its time to spoil the car. Purchased this week:

2010-11-01172458.jpg

• new near side headlamp (to replace the knackered one),
  • replacement HID bulbs (current one is flickering a bit whilst driving),
  • Mr AndyJB kindly provided a shiney SEAT Sport Strut Brace,
  • 2x New front tyres, going with Yoko's again this time until i change the rears in the new year
  • Wiper Blades
  • and a fresh MOT *touchwood

that'll see me through till next month where upgraded brakes will be on the list unless they become my xmas prezzie lol

cheers buddy

TheBigGM

VTEC Who????????
Jun 20, 2009
North Wales
nonstophits.co.uk
Ok little update now, i have the week off work before the xmas rush and its time to spoil the car. Purchased this week:

2010-11-01172458.jpg

• new near side headlamp (to replace the knackered one),
  • replacement HID bulbs (current one is flickering a bit whilst driving),
  • Mr AndyJB kindly provided a shiney SEAT Sport Strut Brace,
  • 2x New front tyres, going with Yoko's again this time until i change the rears in the new year
  • Wiper Blades
  • and a fresh MOT *touchwood

that'll see me through till next month where upgraded brakes will be on the list unless they become my xmas prezzie lol

cheers buddy

Alright Phil,

You know your nackered headlight - do you fancy selling the little circle thing that protects the bulb & reflects the light as one of my headlights doesnt have one :confused:

I'm hoping they clip off or something, don't want to have to get a whole new headlight :(

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
alrite buddy,
yeh i dare say a deal can be done, i'll be getting it fitted end of this week or start of next so i'll let you know if it can be removed, shouldnt be a problem tho, send us a PM with a pic of the bit that you need and i'll see what i can do

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
MOT don3.... on the 2nd time of asking +Strut Brace

OK so, the car'y' month continues, and as always never straight forward.

Car decided it was a leper and decided to loose a few pounds by leaking screws from the bumper (in fairness that probably due to me hitting somebody's kitty cat this morning :whistle:)

into the garage and fitted up with its new headlight

2010-11-10112355.jpg

2010-11-10181445.jpg

Also the strut brace went on::

2010-11-10181559.jpg

And then its MOT:

Failed first time cause of the HID's being slightly too blue and not the right colour :shrug:

img010.jpg

so £25 squid later and a trip to halfrauds it passes:

2010-11-10181258.jpg

img011.jpg

so at least now thats 3 jobs done, and the HID's are now refitted for another year lol

2010-11-10181517.jpg

motorvogue :birdy:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yes everybody i know with them has passed, Ive been running 6K's for 3 years now and never had any problems! mind you ive not been for a MOT on either car

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Yes everybody i know with them has passed, Ive been running 6K's for 3 years now and never had any problems! mind you ive not been for a MOT on either car

lol maybe im just unlucky that i had a nob of a tester, definately could have done without the £25 further bill im skint enough as it is after everything that ive chucked in this month,

andy whens your due its MOT im interested to see if it passes

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members