RDS' Leon Cupra R

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Notice any difference noise/performance wise with the forge pipe over standard? look great by the way:D

Cheers mate, I'll let you know once I've had a proper run out in it. If I were you though I would polish the standard one and break out the baffled part as the standard of the Forge one was quite poor compared to their normally high standards.

Have a look at this

Last edited:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks for the kind comments :D

Finally got round to finishing my engine cover:

P1020604.jpg

P1020605.jpg

Its not 100% perfect but I'm quite pleased with it.

On another note the car doesnt seem to be pulling as hard as I know it can, its especially evident in fourth. I've done a leak test today and theres hissing from under the inlet manifold, so this is next to be sorted on the car. Hopefully before 16th July as the cars due to go on the rollers.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've been intouch with Forge in regards to the quality of the finish on the Charge Pipe. They dont believe they would be able to provide a pipe with a perfect finish at this moment in time although they have said its something they will need to look into so they dont have anymore dissapointed customers:shrug:. I have been offered a replacement or full refund but as I want the pipe and a replacement will be to the same quality I will be keeping this one.

Just to clear this up though I wouldnt recommend this to anyone, there seems to be slightly better response and spool on the turbo however for the price and the poor finish your better off polishing your OEM Charge pipe.

Last edited:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just a small one.

Fitted the engine cover and and painted the caps for the washer bottle and the coolant bottle:

P1020611.jpg

P1020610.jpg

P1020609.jpg

The caps aren't perfect but I've got my eye on some new ones, they'll have to wait for now though due to the expense. I'm also waiting for one more pipe to turn up then I'll be removing the PCV system to hopefully solve the hissing under the inlet manifold.

Cheers for reading :D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Looks superb buddy. Great effort taken there under the bay!

In terms of the other caps you've got your eye on, please pm me details if you fancy! I want to replace mine but can't find what I'm looking for... :(

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Cheers mate PM sent:D

Forgot to mention, I've order some new wheel centre caps.

Cheers bud :)

Good work on the centre caps, did you order from Dave at Sere Motors? They really freshen up the standard LCR wheel nice!

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
PCV Removal

I removed the PCV system today, I think I've done it correctly :confused: but appreciate any comments for piece of mind.

I used:

19mm silicone hose
19mm elbow joiner
8mm vac pipe
non return valve

Heres how it was done.

I removed everything from under the inlet manifold:

P1020623.jpg

Blocked of under the inlet manifold here:

P1020622.jpg

With this:

P1020624.jpg

P1020626.jpg

I then connected the elbow from the oil filter housing to the T piece for the catch can:

P1020628.jpg

P1020631.jpg

I replaced the pipe from around the upper IC pipe:

P1020618.jpg

P1020619.jpg

With a new pipe and non return valve:

P1020634.jpg

All comments welcome.

I'd also like to say cheers (again) to sambryant for all the help, if I keep this up I'll have to rename my thread 'RDS's leon Cupra R, in association with sambryant'

Thanks for reading.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise