thePHILosiphers FR TDi - Stage 2 Complete - SOLD!!

Which colour brake calipers suit a red car??

• Red

Votes: 94 64.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
DSC_0433.jpg

as if by magic more wheels have appeared!!

these came off the Leon FR+ same design as the LCR just 1" small and dont stick out as much as the cupra's, much smarted i must say

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
speakers and tweeters have been installed:

DSC_0511.jpg

i have done the other side but cba to picture it,

Tweeters:

Old and New - Split Up
DSC_0521.jpg

New One repaired and fixed in: Due to not having the right plug I could have cut both cables and soldered, or used a connecting block which is what I've done as they can now always be replaced/removed easier:

DSC_0523.jpg

Glued into Place:
DSC_0524.jpg

Fitted:
DSC_0525.jpg

The finishing Touch - JBL Badge for the door Speaker
DSC_0522.jpg

now its all in and done, the sound difference is noticeable, the, base isnt as dominent on normal settings, and the treble is much clearer and sharper, so on normal day to day listening its a very nice balance, at some point I might install the amp thats currently on the floor, but I really dont have any inclanation to do so atm.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
well theres not be too much to report as of late:

Changed back to 4300k h7r HID's with slim ballasts

DSC_0699_zps1606991c.jpg

DSC_0700_zpscff57336.jpg

Sprayed the central fascia gloss black:

DSC_0705_zpsbee7e723.jpg

DSC_0709_zpsa3acfa76.jpg

But the gloss black covers on

DSC_0693_zps9d748c56.jpg

Bought myself some axle stands at last

DSC_0694_zps30925783.jpg

I pick the car up from Shark later on today where it has had the following:

- Sachs Uprated clutch kit
- New Brake discs and pads alround
- 100k Service
- New Map sensor
- Replacement Heated washer jet
- FMIC has been refitted and pipes tightened and clips changed (had continual problems as of late with the pipes blowing, more than likely down to the MAP sensors being faulty

I will now be rebooking the full custom map for end of May/Start of June as my Birthday prezzie to me and pre Inter's:

Next up however will be new shocks/coilovers with new top mounts so I will start saving for those as I want the Eibach's ideally

Eric87

Jul 22, 2012
Suffolk/Cambridge/Essex borders
Are you running on oem dampers or uprated? If you have or are running on oem ones, how would you comment on the ride quality?

one of my front springs has snapped half a coil off the bottom so I'm looking at investing in a set of eibachs. looks like it sits nice at the front and a bit higher at the rear but much better than stock.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Are you running on oem dampers or uprated? If you have or are running on oem ones, how would you comment on the ride quality?

one of my front springs has snapped half a coil off the bottom so I'm looking at investing in a set of eibachs. looks like it sits nice at the front and a bit higher at the rear but much better than stock.

atm standard well run shocks ;) and they are very comfy, the eibachs have better dampening than say APEX which frankly are a bit **** lol

i will be changing over to coilovers as of when my expenses get paid and because of the experience ive had with these im going to look at getting the Eibach coilovers as these have been brilliant

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
umy4u4ed.jpg

Good bye value ;) but on the flip side whole host of parts on order, ap suspension (delivered in the next couple of days)

THS fmic ànd darkside 1 piece pipe kits

Ànd booked into darkside for end of July for some love ;)

tapaspoke from Xperia S

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
So some little updates:

New AP Suspension and Top Mounts in and fitted:

Suspension needs to settle but im very happy with the ride, its frankly very good compared to before, drop is decent considering they are brand new and need to settle

Darkside Pipework and EGR Delete Delivered:

THS Intercooler Core Delivered:

Roof Mounted Sunglasses holder fitted:

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Had my last drive in the Ibiza tonight, been a great car and loyal servant, will miss her, still onwards and upwards, hope the new owner enjoys her as much as I have

Collection on the replacement 10am tomorrow

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
bloody hell i wasnt expecting that,best of luck with the new car.
what is the next car?

Yep bit sudden but I've been looking for the car I bought for nearly a year now.

I've gone with the Volvo c30 t5 se lux, new project more power looking forward to it now :) just waiting for collection. More show than go when I'm done with it, mods already ordered ;)

Sad too see this one go :( hopefully it stays on the forum.

Good luck with the new car :D

Car will be on the forums certainly ioc as that's where I sold it from, should be back on here though as they trolled the tread to see what's what ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.