Lard arse

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Enough, enough with the Alfa Bashing already!!!!
I'm well aware of the "features" it had :D :D
Yes the LCR does feel a lot more secure and solid than the alfa did. Didn't sound as good thou.

Much as I love the LCR, its still lardy......... :bleh: :D

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Cars in general are geting heavier and heavier. In my opinion my Mk3 Ibiza is a heavy car at 1119Kg, and the Leon at 1350Kg is way too heavy for my liking (Although still in proportion to the Ibiza given its much bigger size).

Each new model seems to be getting heavier than the previous model. The Mk4 Ibiza is 50Kg heavier than the already heavy mk3. The new A3 is quite a bit heavier than the old mk3. The new TT is heavier than the old one.

The mk5 Golf is double the weight of the mk1 Golf!!!

They make the cars heavier, and then, if you are lucky they give the new models slightly more power, but this power only compensates for the weigh increase (So the power to weight ratio hasn't increased) and all other things being equal the new heavier model still wont corner as fast as its lighter predecessor!

Rant over.

Cheers
Ben

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
duckson said:
........... Has anyone weighed their LCR on a weigh bridge and what weight did it come out at? was this with a full tank of petrol & all other fluids and them sat in it?

I got my car weighed on a weighbridge today and it came to 1350kg exactly with 15litres of fuel onboard and without driver.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.