12MY Seat Exeo 2.0TDi Sport Tech ST 170

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Hello!

Now I've got my posts up, I can put some pics up for you!

These are the Dealer Pics, as I don't have the car yet, Picking it up in less than 2 weeks! Very excited!

Decided to go for Exeo as it represents amazing value for money, reliability and also drives very well.

Here she is:

exterior1.jpg

exterior2.jpg

exterior3.jpg

exterior4.jpg

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

Will put more pictures up when I have picked it up with a decent camera :)

And just so you can see, my previous proper car (say proper car, been driving around in a Ford Focus then a BMW 520i SE Auto P Reg whilst waiting to find a replacement)

207GTi Octane 170Thp

207gti1.JPG

207gti2.JPG

207gti3.JPG

207gti4.JPG

Can't wait to pick the Exeo up!!!

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks, I think I might remove the 'EXEO' lettering on the back and may do brushed aluminium wing mirror covers perhaps?

Boring but I will probably get a rubber/plastic boot protector/tub for the boot!

It'll be my first ever black car, so I think the most important thing with this is to look after the paintwork correctly etc...

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Lovely! Nice pics too.

Damn, Peugeot make a sh!t interior don't they :lol:

Thanks Guys :)

I do love the Exeo... shame they've stopped making them! Definitely a bit of a German car convert now (I know it's Spanish)...fancy the look of the new Leon Cupra.

I was a Sales Exec for Citroen and that Peugeot came up and was a special 'noted' car in the network as it was the internal Launch car for Peugeot that all the salesmen and Journo's got to see at the Launch of the 207 GTi... they did the interior that red leather but it was never an option and you could only ever get suede.

I quite liked it though otherwise I wouldn't have bought it :redface: sorry :) I'll be honest and say I'd still have it too but the Co Designed BMW/PSA Engine had a very common timing fault and had to have its timing chain, tensioner etc changed 3 times with me in a 2 year period! Had it done a 4th time which they assured me modified parts had been used (again) and it'd never go wrong again. Didn't fancy chancing it as I bet they'd stop doing it for free and at £800 a pop, nahhhh.

Had a few Peugeots 405, 607, still got a 206 as a second car. Just always seemed to go on and on and on. Except for the GTi :cry:

Anyway, I'm here now and loving it :D

Last edited:

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Thanks, I think I might remove the 'EXEO' lettering on the back and may do brushed aluminium wing mirror covers perhaps?

Boring but I will probably get a rubber/plastic boot protector/tub for the boot!

It'll be my first ever black car, so I think the most important thing with this is to look after the paintwork correctly etc...

I got my mirror caps wrapped in brushed aluminium - in the flesh it looks a shade darker, but I'm delighted with them!
Also got my front grille wrapped in Gloss Black as well as the front & rear 'S' badges. What a difference that made :)

Got my EXEO badge on the rear removed and put on a SEAT R Badge instead. Next for me is exhaust tailpipe finishers, then I'm done. Oh, forgot - I also want a lip spoiler on the boot :)

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
I got my mirror caps wrapped in brushed aluminium - in the flesh it looks a shade darker, but I'm delighted with them!
Also got my front grille wrapped in Gloss Black as well as the front & rear 'S' badges. What a difference that made :)

Got my EXEO badge on the rear removed and put on a SEAT R Badge instead. Next for me is exhaust tailpipe finishers, then I'm done. Oh, forgot - I also want a lip spoiler on the boot :)

Cool like the sound of that, the mirror caps are definitely going to happen for me at some point.

I have some carbon fibre wrap left over from an off-roader project I did last year so I'm going to do the front S emblem in that when I get the chance :)

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Nice pics asonda :) I should get round to doing this... except I don't think I can match the scenery down my way.

Like the pug, I'm not surprised at the faults on the '07, isn't that engine shared with the BMW Mini cooper S as well? Shame, as old pugs go on and on and I think the 306 was the last decent one made - they look to go on and on like the old school pugs.

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Nice pics asonda :) I should get round to doing this... except I don't think I can match the scenery down my way.

Like the pug, I'm not surprised at the faults on the '07, isn't that engine shared with the BMW Mini cooper S as well? Shame, as old pugs go on and on and I think the 306 was the last decent one made - they look to go on and on like the old school pugs.

I'm sure there might be a few spots you could go to and have a bit of a photo shoot, seen lots of people get creative with graffiti shots and light writing and things for that urban look...

Yeah the GTi was the best handling car I have ever owned, all the journo's gave it stick because it was heavy and wasn't a 205 but after driving the 206 GTi also, the 207 was in a different league, it just stuck round corners and when the timing was spot on, went like a rocket.

Yes same engine as in the Cooper S when they swapped over to it from being supercharged to turbo charged.

Also the High Pressure Fuel Pump is a weak point on them, it failed just outside of the 3 year warranty, Peugeot wanted nearly £400 for the pump, BMW knew it was a problem on the Minis so they sell it at a crazy £180..needless to say I bought the HPFP from BMW.

EXEO - Been mainly trouble free since I've owned it. It has had to go back under warranty and have a new steering rack fitted as the original one groaned very loudly. The new one still makes some noise but nothing like it did.

It seems to eat front tyres like nobodies business but as you should expect from a car that's 2 years old, no other issues to report.

Just loving it :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.