HELP - What's this pipe, SEAT doesn't know!

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
This is going to be a long shot, but does any one know what the pipe shown below is, or better still the part number. Mine is split so I have taken the car to Newbury SEAT but they have no idea what it is so are unable to order me a new one!

split.jpg

If it helps one end fits to a non-return valve which continues on to the throttle body, the other end connects to a rigid pipe that also goes to the TIP at one end and some sort of black box between the washer fluid bottle and the coolant header tank.

split2.jpg

If any one has any ideas please let me know, as said, my local dealer is worse than useless, you would think they would know the parts of their own cars!

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
i've got a feeling you have to buy the hose in rolls and cut to suit

can look into it further once im back at work

I would have just got a short length of hose, but it looks to have been made with the two 80° bends in it, if I try and bend a straight hose like that I think it will just collapse in the bends.

I think the shape is important to allow the engine to move a little without pulling the pipe off, (one end is fixed to the engine and the other to the engine bay).

But as said, any advice would be gratefully received.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
i have removed all that pipe and replaced it with samco, still put the non return valve in tho, 5/6 mm internal diameter i think

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
try part number 06A133352C

from what i could make out on ETKA it looked like the hose you need

(im not confirming this fits but it gives the dealer something to try and order if there willing to)

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
try part number 06A133352C

from what i could make out on ETKA it looked like the hose you need

(im not confirming this fits but it gives the dealer something to try and order if there willing to)

Thanks for trying but I have already tried that part and it doesn't include the bit I need. Newbury SEAT have suggested I buy the pipes that the other end connects to at a cost of well over £200 in the HOPE that it MAY include the bit I need! So I've ordered some vacuum hose from Forge instead that will hopefully do the job.

Cheers all the same.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Thanks for trying but I have already tried that part and it doesn't include the bit I need. Newbury SEAT have suggested I buy the pipes that the other end connects to at a cost of well over £200 in the HOPE that it MAY include the bit I need! So I've ordered some vacuum hose from Forge instead that will hopefully do the job.

Cheers all the same.

go to a car parts place and get some black vaccume pipe sold in 1m lengths 6mm ID . then cut it to length, i really dont understand why there is such a long thread for this pipe, it has no special connections or does anything special, the non return valve just unplugs, at the time you started this thread you could have been out got the pipe and fixed it,

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.