Miltek or Blueflame

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
My standard exhaust backbox has about had it so looking to replace the system from the CAT back.

Looking around online I can get a Miltek system for around £320 or a Blueflame for £275

I like the look of the miltek as it looks pretty much stock but just wanted people's opinions on both.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Not ever going to need to? Your dp and cat isnt rusting or you arent going to want to do the dp in the future because it is the most restrictive part? It mates up with the blueflame cat back perfectly obviously where as the miltek needs modifying. Also I prefer the blueflame tailpipe. Oval fits the gap nicely!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Blueflame is apprently quite loud according to some members, i have the miltek twintail pipe option from cat-back i cant really fault it, its nice and subtle when pootling around but once you plant it shes sounds perfect. The only downfall i found with the Miltek was the fitment over the rear beam but if you fit it right in the first place you shouldnt have any problems. Im pretty low and dont get any knocking on the rear beam what so ever.

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
That was my thinking, I want it to look as standard as possible and I definitely don't want a loud exhaust so think that's made up my mind. I've fitted a few exhausts to my old cars so hopefully I shouldn't find this too difficult.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Dont quote me on it being loud its just some of the previous threads i have read. Its quite simple on the fitting side to avoid any knocking, you just have to push the cat-back as far on to the centre section as possible really to get the clearance over the rear beam. I have it so my tailpipes are sat flush with the cut out and its perfect.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
My blueflame isnt loud. I dont know why people think they are. Any exhaust that is uprated is louder than standard and the blueflame is defo not louder some other exhausts on Ibizas I have heard.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
If you want standard looks and noise then go for the Milltek. I had the cat-back for 3-4 months and it gives a nice note on WOT but when just cruising along you can't notice it's even an uprated system.

The Blueflame is loudER than the Milltek - but when I replaced my Milltek for a full Blueflame system I asked them to ensure it was as quiet as possible so they put an extra centre diffuser in (no baffles so still high performance) and it's spot on - just a bit "throatier" . But then - I had the downpipe and race cat fitted at the same time which is going to make things louder anyway.

Why did I change to Blueflame? Two reasons:

1) In all honesty I much much much prefer the oval tailpipe on the Cupras, I think it suits them much better and complements the lines of the car.
2) Fitment - I had loads of knocking from the Milltek and I just had enough after a while. As Benny says though - if you're willing to f**k about with it you can probably get it to fit nicely.

That ought to clear it up for you - having had both systems it's been interesting to compare the differences between them.

GeorgeF

VW Tech
May 21, 2007
Essex
i have blueflame on mine. im happy with it. fit is spot on, looks nice. sounds nice. bit of poppin action to with standard dp still. cant complain about it.

TommyCupra

Just Like That
Mar 30, 2005
West Yorks
I have a Miltek turbo back system and like it alot, i wanted an exhaust system that wasnt too loud and wouldnt deafen me on a long journey.

Only problem i had was when i dropped it on H&R Cup suspension the exhaust rattled on the rear beam, fixed it with a blowtorch and a hammer :)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Sounds abit of a bodge to me, surly thats restricting flow.

All you have to do is push the cat-back on to the centre section more so that the hangers are pushed forward, job done!

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Miltek cos its taking an unjustified slating

perfect quality and designed with the car in mind and not "bigger is better etc etc"

BUT its design does cause issues on cars that are rather low..anything more than 30mm drop on the back and it'll knock or even rest on the rear axel which can be irratating. shorter exhaust hangers will solve this problem if it isnt too low though. when mine was slammed it wasnt bad enough for me to hammer it though LOL. i just decided to raise the back end instead

also the tailpipe is stock looking and the exhaust note is perrrrrrfect...not too boomy or droning but not totally silent either.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise