Just bought a LCR splitter for my 1.4 sc, anyone got one?, how did they fit it pics?

Scottual

Orate, fairly new to this forum jazz.
So bare with me.

Anyways, bought a Leon cupra splitter for my beefa and should arrive Tomoro,
Just wondered if anyone on here had fitted on and if so how?

Don't wanna break out the cable ties lol,

HELP! cheers Scott.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Welcome to the site mate. A few guys have them and I believe a little bit of trimming on the edges and the one support in the cntre is necessary. then it just screws on.

Scottual

Oh, cheers mate,
£30 off a guy in Northampton.

Went back on his eBay site this morning though n he's selling em for £40,

Yeh my dealer wanted £45,

I've seen a few pics of them on the coop/boc bumpers but none on the standard,
So dunno how it's gonna look,

We shall soon see lol.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I don't think so but if anything you may need to make a small pilot hole to make the job easier I guess.

Scottual

This is the thing, I dont know lol,
Anyone know of a thread with a guide or anything?

If not I'll just av a look n see when it comes, jack it up n see how everything lines up, I'll put pics up if i succeed.

Or pics of me cryin If I don't.

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
i put 1 on my fr. I had to use a heat gun to get it to follow the lines of the bumper and than drill some holes and put some screws in it. You also need to trim some parts of the splitter

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
£45?!? I remember when I bought one from my dealer for about £20! Fitted to Leon fine, needed to cut the 2 raise clips in the middle and it is easier to do pilot holes first.

Scottual

Yeh lol, skanky boggers in Derbyshire lol,

Ok sound mate. Cheers. Shouldn't to bigger job,

Got a heat gun,
Drill,
An Ibiza I still have a year of finance to pay off,
And a bag of cable ties.

What can go wrong lol.

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
You will need to trim of one of the locating lugs. offer up and tape in place to ensure fit. Self tapping screws are good but a pilot hole could be a good idea. You have to trim the ends off slightly to fit, we did my mates on his FR and its pretty easy to do.

Scottual

Ok mate, cheers. Still waiting for dpd to deliver it!! Doin ma head in, wanna get crackin lol

chuckb

Mo bark n' Mo grunt
Apr 4, 2010
Sunny Slough
Not to hand as im at work, (dossing) but there is a blue cupra on here with one fitted do look the cats cajones. Once I have fitted my side skirts spoiler Im going to get one as well for my Boc

Scottual

Done it,
Needs abit of work to finish it off nice, there's a few gaps because it's a standard bumper but, can sort them out with some small peices of black plastic. Just to make it more flush.

Scottual

Here's some pics-

02dc01b6-7dd3-c563.jpg

02dc01b6-7dfa-6b20.jpg

Not completely finished yet, needs tidying up, lemme know what u think.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise