Need help with fitting mud flaps

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I would have bought the OEM ones personally as they are designed to fit without silly clamps that remove paint from your wheel arch.

The best way for the ones you have is to junk the clamps and use self tapping screws straight through the flaps into the plastic wheel arch liner. Make measurements so they fit the same height both sides.

22ssingh

May 10, 2010
ROCHESTER, KENT
I would have bought the OEM ones personally as they are designed to fit without silly clamps that remove paint from your wheel arch.

The best way for the ones you have is to junk the clamps and use self tapping screws straight through the flaps into the plastic wheel arch liner. Make measurements so they fit the same height both sides.

I really didn't think these would fit differently than the OEM ones, but yeah as I said I've never fitted mud flaps before so I didn't know

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea

I think even the oem ones use 1 clamp if i remember correctly!

22ssingh

May 10, 2010
ROCHESTER, KENT
got any piks mate??? im thinking about getting some for my motor and want to see what they look like before i do it.

dan

there you are mate
IMG_2169.jpg

FR_Flavoured

It isn't an FR, its sport

Ah right - perhaps it was the "FR" badge on the back. :cartman:

I knew it wasnt an FR, I mean why would someone with an FR take off the FR bumpers and replace them with bumpers from a standard (non-performance) Leon.

22ssingh

May 10, 2010
ROCHESTER, KENT
How hard were they to fit mate? I really like them, good choice! Think it makes the car look a bit lower and wider but maybe thats just me?

Anyway good cheap mod and I'm gonna get me some :D

Yeah thats why I got them, I could do with an FR rear bumper really (to match the FR front bumper and chrome mirrors etc) but I think it looks nice as it is, the mudflaps do make it looks wider IMO, and they were really easy to fit, just make sure the wheels are off so you have some room to screw them in :)

FR_Flavoured

They do look nice, with the Red "S" (SEAT) badge, contrasting the gleaming Black paintwork. [B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members