How much for new key?

You can buy a second hand / new flip key fob and set up the Remote central Locking using your spare key in the ignition. (they can be £20-30). Then you can get a blade cut on eBay from a photo of your spare key blade (£10)

Then you would need to split the spare and take the transponder chip out and put it into a new flip key body so the immobiliser would de-activate.

This will get you a new flip key... but you'll still only have 1 key.

The alternative is having a second (new) transponder chip added to the secure key list in the cars ECU. For this it's probably worth paying someone like the guy above to have this done rather than mucking about in the ECU. There's various stories of success / failure doing it DIY.

I created a second flip key for my Mk4 Ibiza from the first method I mentioned.

Last edited:

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
c1fff5d83276987a5f3ee71224f588d9.jpg

Thats mine he did

e86480b49c99ae96db0330fb46f0c6eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adman77

Audre Est Facre
Feb 13, 2012
Hertfordshire
Not herts anymore, that was when I was still living at home. Borehamwood

Near heathrow now but I frequently visit to see family and friends

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Craig is spot on he recently done a key for me down in Bournemouth. He does do a lot of travelling for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
not a choice of cases really, he can do the like for like case your car come with originally, but these bentley style ones are nice. he does have different badges for the rear of the fob though, i had the Seat logo and then found he did FR ones too so ive that.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise