1.6 Diesel Engine Vibrations

Mar 29, 2020
Hi All,

I posted a while back where I got a fuel injector fault were injector in cylinder 3 failed and the engine had no power.

I took it to a garage and the injector was replaced and the fault code cleared. The car drives now and ha s good power.

However, when idling vibrations are coming from the engine. I can feel my head shaking a bit when idling. The engine can be heard not running smoothly and it can be heard knocking a touch under low load. I took it back to the garage, they checked it and said there's nothing wrong with it and no fault codes though they said it sounds a bit odd.

I've driven the car for a month or so and it seems fine however I'm worried about doing the damage to the engine. Does any software need to be altered when installing the new injector? ( I believe the previous owner said the engine had been re-mapped, would this have anything to do with it?)

This might be an anecdote, however when the car is pointing down hill the vibrations go away.

Has anyone had anything similar beofre?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Glenn

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
I think VCDS can reset the fuel trim and have the car re-learn the settings.

A bottle of injector cleaner and fresh fuel filter might help too, if the older injectors are a touch gummed up.

Mar 29, 2020
I think VCDS can reset the fuel trim and have the car re-learn the settings.

A bottle of injector cleaner and fresh fuel filter might help too, if the older injectors are a touch gumme
Hi I've already tried with injector cleaner.

Do you have some resources on how I can use VCDS as I've no idea what it is or how to use it

Aug 11, 2019
Hi All,

I posted a while back where I got a fuel injector fault were injector in cylinder 3 failed and the engine had no power.

I took it to a garage and the injector was replaced and the fault code cleared. The car drives now and ha s good power.

However, when idling vibrations are coming from the engine. I can feel my head shaking a bit when idling. The engine can be heard not running smoothly and it can be heard knocking a touch under low load. I took it back to the garage, they checked it and said there's nothing wrong with it and no fault codes though they said it sounds a bit odd.

I've driven the car for a month or so and it seems fine however I'm worried about doing the damage to the engine. Does any software need to be altered when installing the new injector? ( I believe the previous owner said the engine had been re-mapped, would this have anything to do with it?)

This might be an anecdote, however when the car is pointing down hill the vibrations go away.

Has anyone had anything similar beofre?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Glenn
Did you resolve this? I'm having exactly the same issue, except it was injector 1 that was replaced.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members