1.6tdi 2nd service

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
hey all, my car is in for service tomorrow and was just wondering what they should be doing on this service? its the second service and I am at roughly 17500 miles now. cheers !!

adamb87

Feb 13, 2011
Preston
ye I did but from what I could see there was a lack of detail in it. from what I remember all it says is inspection service. I may be wrong though.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
From the service book:

Check the interior and exterior lights, horn etc
check airbag
reset service light
check faults
check windscreen and wipers/fluid, refill if needed
check tyres
engine oil and filter replace
check brake system
check exhaust system
check poly-v belts
check brake fluid level according to brake pad wear
check battery
change next service due sticker.

+
Replace fuel filter if not using up to grade diesel or biodiesel etc
replace cabin dust and pollen filter
check gearbox oil level

adamb87

Feb 13, 2011
Preston
:redface: thanks for that. could of sworn I havent read that before. will have a good look later after work.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Hi,

Surprised to see the note about changing the fuel filter 'if using bio-diesel'. Mine has a sticker inside the fuel filler flap saying BioDiesel with a red NO line through it.

BTW, I suppose the mileage for servicing is fairly flexible: I'd done another 1000 miles between alerting the dealer and them having a slot for the service. :rolleyes:

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hi,

Surprised to see the note about changing the fuel filter 'if using bio-diesel'. Mine has a sticker inside the fuel filler flap saying BioDiesel with a red NO line through it.

BTW, I suppose the mileage for servicing is fairly flexible: I'd done another 1000 miles between alerting the dealer and them having a slot for the service. :rolleyes:

I was told that the servicing can be done about 500 miles either side of the recommended milage.

Another note for the OP.

You may have to take it in again soon (3-4 months) for brake fluid check/change and A/C recharge.

I had my 2nd service in Jan and a sticker is on my windscreen reminding me of the work. I'm taking it in next week for the extra work. About £120 all in I reckon.

Cheers

Andy

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
You may have to take it in again soon (3-4 months) for brake fluid check/change and A/C recharge.

Hi Andy,
How old is your car - I would have expected 3 years before the brake fluid needed refreshing, and A/C recharge only dependent on A/C performance?

BTW, don't places like KwikFit do A/C recharge? Might be more cost effective than a dealer.

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
Two years old.

I think it's one of those whichever comes sooner. It's not done loads of miles though, about 22'000.

The price of the A\C recharge equates to the same as Halfords et al. About £40ish. Not sure how much Kwik-fit are but I wouldn't touch them with yours! lol ;)

I'm not gonna take any chances with the brakes. TBH, you just take the advice on good faith. So far I have had excellent service from Barlows and I've no reason to doubt there word.

All in all, I'm gonna get the work done by Seat and this will continue the nice dealer stamps in my Handbook :D

Cheers

Andy

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.