1.9tdi PD105 Intercooler pipe leak

MickeySlim

Hi everybody,

This is my first post so sorry if I waffle on. I'm after some advice on intercoolers,

My left side (as you look into the engine bay) pipe has ever so slightly come away from the intercooler and is leaking air. I haven't had a chance to see if the intercooler is damaged yet so may just need to replacement pipes, clips and O rings etc... but chances are the plastic lug coming off the intercooler has cracked.:banghead2

If thats the case I don't really want to replace it with a stock intercooler as i want to get it remapped at some stage and don't want the same thing to happen twice.

I have seen the Audi S3 intercoolers on darkside developments with the alloy ends reducing leak chances.

Would post URL links but I'm a newbie

Would this be better sourced from VW and get an OEM S3 intercooler or will i get bent over for price?

along with the hardpipe kit also on darkside developments

Has anybody done this?? am i looking at the right stuff or is there better options out there??

I dont really want to break the bank and i need my car back on the road ASAP!!

Thanks,

Mike

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Fit a new standards pipe and clip with a new seal. The standard intercooler is more than adequate for a mapped 1.9 tdi but the turbo pipe seals can do with replacing every now and again.

MickeySlim

Thanks for the fast response.

Once i get under it on Sunday i will be able to check if the intercooler is cracked or not.

Can you recommend any good places to buy replacement hoses? or just direct from VW.

i don't know the part numbers and eurocarparts don't list them on their website.

MickeySlim

Hi everybody,

This is my first post so sorry if I waffle on. I'm after some advice on intercoolers,

My left side (as you look into the engine bay) pipe has ever so slightly come away from the intercooler and is leaking air. I haven't had a chance to see if the intercooler is damaged yet so may just need to replacement pipes, clips and O rings etc... but chances are the plastic lug coming off the intercooler has cracked.:banghead2

If thats the case I don't really want to replace it with a stock intercooler as i want to get it remapped at some stage and don't want the same thing to happen twice.

I have seen the Audi S3 intercoolers on darkside developments with the alloy ends reducing leak chances.

Would post URL links but I'm a newbie

Would this be better sourced from VW and get an OEM S3 intercooler or will i get bent over for price?

along with the hardpipe kit also on darkside developments

Has anybody done this?? am i looking at the right stuff or is there better options out there??

I dont really want to break the bank and i need my car back on the road ASAP!!

Thanks,

Mike

This is for a MK2 Seat Leon Stylance 1.9tdi.... just realised i didn't include that in the post

MickeySlim

Parts ordered will arrive this afternoon.

will take some pictures to show what section of my pipe went

I believe that over time pressure deforms and blows out the S bend in this pipe which pulls the connections away from the clips and seals, then when you floor it one day...POP.

I will compare the new and old pipe to see if there is noticeable difference in diameter in this area.

Part numbers
Intercooler pipe p/n: 1K0 145 832 B £58.85 ex.VAT
rubber pipe clip p/n: 1J0 145 769 G 99p
Intercooler clip p/n: 1J0 145 769 H 99p

grand total of £72.91 inc.VAT

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.