2.0 190 turbo noise?

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
New to the 2.0 190, loving it so far. So relaxed and composed compared to the 1.5 I had previously in an Ateca.
I have one question though. I’m hearing a ‘whooosh’….’pssssssh’ when accelerating relatively hard which I’ve had in previous 1.2TSI’s but only very quietly in the past. This is quite pronounced. Is this normal for this 2.0L TSI?
Definitely sounds like the turbo, but it’s just that it’s quite pronounced and even quite loud in the cabin. Almost sounds a bit like a vacuum leak but can’t say I can see anything.
Cheers!

barqqsanu

Sep 9, 2021
Yes, it is normal. Mine is doing the same. I also noticed that the noise is more pronounced than in my old 1.8TSI, but I kinda like it 😁

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Yeah I do like it, I just wanted to check that it was normal :LOL:
Its the loudest I’ve ever heard a turbo hiss on any car I’ve owned, especially from in the cab!

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
perhaps due to missing engine cover?
The engine cover should not do anything to the turbo sounds. They usually originate from the intake in stock cars, going through the air filter box, or BOV (if the car has one, stock cars usually don't).

afprietoa

Sep 22, 2019
Hi guys, does any of you know if there is already an aftermarket downpipe for this engine? Can't seem to find any... Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Hi guys, does any of you know if there is already an aftermarket downpipe for this engine? Can't seem to find any... Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

The only ones I've found making them for the Formentor at this point are Supersprint, but all their downpipes delete the GPF.

Other brands for VAG x.x TSI engines might still fit though. Not sure if there are any Formentor specific bends or specifications on the downpipe, but once you get to the resonator and muffler it is definitely specific.

Reactions: afprietoa

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
I don`t get any ‘whooosh’….’pssssssh’ from mine just a hint of a sort of a growl when accelerating which I like.

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
Mine makes a noticeable whistle as the turbo spools up, loudest I've heard on any turbo car I've owned - but only really noticeable with the radio off.

jimbobc

May 6, 2021
I’ve the 190 gets better and better. It’s bedded in nicely over its first 1000 miles

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise