3-year manufacturer warranty extension

Feb 15, 2024
Hello,

I wanted to know if a member has already taken out an extended warranty for a used vehicle in a brand garage.
Here is the link :

The Performance Guarantee :
"It applies, once the manufacturer's warranty has expired, to all CUPRAs less than 5 years old and less than 100,000 km at the time of purchase.
In the event of a breakdown, it covers all vehicle components, with the exception of tires and hubcaps, bodywork components, seats, carpets and interior trim, as well as fluids and lubricants replaced during maintenance operations. ."

As a reminder, I bought a Cupra Formentor VZ 245 hybrid from June 2023 with 50km from a multi-brand garage (from France).
I wanted to take out a 3-year warranty extension but customer service told me that this was not possible because my vehicle was considered used.
For my previous vehicle, Peugeot 308, this posed no problem.
Customer support asked me to contact a dealership to take out an extended warranty for a used vehicle.
I contacted 2 Seat/Cupra dealerships, one in Paris and another a little later in another city.
The first never called me back and the second, after insisting, told me that he did not want to put in place this type of guarantee for vehicles that were not purchased from them.
I contacted customer service to give them the garage's response.
They told me that the garages are independent and that they were free to do what they want but that they would contact them.
This Seat dealership called me back to tell me that there is no extended warranty contract for used vehicles.
I told him that he just had to go to the Cupra website.
He told me that he couldn't find anything on the manufacturer's website.
Once again, I am stunned by the lack of competence of this dealership and the lack of respect for the customer.
His response is in total contradiction with the comments made by customer service.
My car was less than 5 years old and less than 100,000 km when purchased, so the Performance warranty should be available.
I bought a Cupra brand vehicle thinking that the quality of service was better than Seat.
Unfortunately, I was wrong because Cupra uses Volkswagen France customer service and Seat garages.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.