A wave and a rev from Coventry

simmouk

Jul 1, 2020
Coventry
Hello all!

I've been lerking for a few weeks so thought I'd join up. Came here looking for advice on flakey Android Auto connection (things seem better recently... fingers crossed... all though I'm not going out in the Ibiza as much!)

So, I've got a 66 plate Ibiza FR mk5, picked it up last year in October. And so far, apart from the above, it's been great! My folks used to have a mk2 and mk3 a few years ago, but never had a Seat myself before.

I've come from (highlights) few classic Minis > (a Corsa, a Fiat 500) > '09 Abarth 500s > '66 Abarth 595. The latter vehicle taken from my possesion one night in Birmingham in 2018 (don't use the Arcadian car park!) by some scrotes. Had a 2010 Fiesta for a while until I needed "something more".

I used to do the whole Abarth community scene/shows/forums/meets and also did a bit of the "modified stuff" (lowered, Bluespark tuning box) etc but this whole episode put me off. I did conside another but couldn't face it getting nicked again (because of course that would be exactly what would happen - or I'd never drive it anywhere or park it anywhere?!)

So I saw my little Ibiza FR at Listers in Coventry last year and the rest is history. It's sporty enough... without attracting too much "unwanted attention" - BUT just like my interest from Fiat to Abarth, I have 100% been looking at Cupra's... I don't think I'm ready yet though. But the little guy on my shoulder pops up now and again.

I'll be having a proper poke around the site - I like the new design - I knew something had change since I was last hear!

Cheers!

simmouk

Jul 1, 2020
Coventry
Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your car history, an interesting one for sure!

You've got a great little car there, hopefully, we can get you along to one of our meets (likely next year at this rate).

Enjoy the car and the community!

Cheers,

Scott

Cheers Scott! Yes I did have a perusal in England > Midlands on the Events page and I think "Caffeine & Machine" sounds interesting, will keep an eye out for that!

Reactions: Syphon
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members