Adaptive cruise control error code

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
Hi all. I'd be very grateful for some help with an error code that keeps coming back after being cleared by my friend's ODBeleven. My Leon recently went into my local SEAT dealer to have the nearside rear bass speaker replaced under extended warranty. Whilst the car was being worked on, I asked the staff for some advice regarding this error code (what it means, why it's there and why it keeps coming back). The staff, who approached the technicians for advice, said the technicians advised that this particular error code is logged whenever the radar system detects I'm too close to the vehicle in front. I was a bit sceptical as my friend's Golf, that also has the front assist radar system, doesn't log any error codes when he's too close to the vehicle in front. As there don't appear to be any symptoms (the car appears to be working normally), the staff at my local SEAT said there isn't much they can do. As the error code keeps coming back, I'm a little bit concerned there might a problem somewhere. I'm not sure if I was fobbed off by my local dealer or whether they were being genuine.

My Leon doesn't have adaptive cruise control - it has standard cruise control and the front assist radar system only, and so I'm guessing the error code is logged under adaptive cruise control because it's related to the radar sensor. I've done a bit of research and it would seem that if the front radar errors keep reappearing intermittently, it suggests that I might have a recurring problem either with the module, or with a connector/pin somewhere, or with a section of the wiring loom. Other threads on various forums about the same issue indicate that it could even be something to do with the battery. Here are details of the error code:

13 Adaptive Cruise Control

System description: ACC BOSCH MQB
Software number: 5Q0907572H
Software version: 0620
Hardware number: 5Q0907572H
Hardware version: H10
ODX name: EV_ACCBOSCHVW416
ODX version: 002005
Long coding: 2D00000251FF8428949C814500300400000000000000000000

Trouble codes:
U112300 - Databus error value received
Intermittent
Date: 2020-11-13 16:38:34
Mileage: 50475 km
Priority: 6
Malfunction frequency counter: 10
Unlearning counter: 218
Dynamic environmental data: 028D4A02857A1011000010120000102E06

Any help will be massively appreciated. Thank you :)

Last edited:

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
Whilst the vehicle will log the number of emergency assist brake pre-warnings it will not generate an error code. I cannot find anywhere in the live data for this module that my car records the number of time the car has told me I’m too close to the car in front (the symbol for this is two cars with an ! in between them on the dash).

You still under warranty?

edit - sorry you say so in your thread. May be worth digging your heels in here with Seat.

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
Thanks for the reply, @ReddStripe - much appreciated. The car's under extended warranty now but has all component cover. The service manager at my local dealership said that as there's no symptoms, there isn't much they can do anyway. I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place because they seem reluctant to look into the issue as the car isn't displaying any symptoms. I might give SEAT UK a call as they were very helpful with intervening with another problem I still have with the car (which I would like advice on and will create another thread for it).

Is it worth me persisting with the dealer or do you think I should involve SEAT UK anyway?

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
With it being an intermittent code it might just be the canbus network having a hiccup. Most people would never know if they didn’t have a scan tools. The dealer is certainly on another wavelength if they think the car is registering every time you tailgate (and if it did do this, then that would not generate a trouble code). Pains me to say it but without a symptom the dealer is somewhat right that it makes it difficult to diagnose what is causing the trouble code.

You could try Seat UK and see what they say. I imagine they will point you towards your local dealer for diagnostics though.

Reactions: cheesecakelover

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I have had imminent collision warnings (the alarming red ones) displayed a few times but I don't believe the car has ever braked for me, so I'm not sure whether this might be a symptom. I've cleared the codes a few times in the past but this particular code kept coming back, which started to cause me some concern. I have had to contact the dealer's service manager via email to get the car booked into another dealer for a second opinion on another problem, and at the same time I've asked him to confirm in writing what he mentioned to me a few days ago - that it is normal operation for the car to log an error code every time an emergency assist brake pre-warning or imminent collision warning is displayed.

I did read on two threads on different forums that, in two other cases of the same error code; in one case it was a bad battery, and in the other case it was a matter of unplugging the battery for about 45 minutes and then the error code never came back. I would be interested in your opinion on this.

Last edited:

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
The number of times the pre warning has activated is logged under live data (on OBD11) under Number of Pre Warnings. Probably can be accessed in VCDS if you have that but not sure where. You can set the sensitivity of this in the vehicle’s settings to “late” which makes it hardly ever alert you. You have to be about to have an impact before it manually brakes for you according to a video Seat have online explaining how it works.

Reactions: cheesecakelover

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
The number of times the pre warning has activated is logged under live data (on OBD11) under Number of Pre Warnings. Probably can be accessed in VCDS if you have that but not sure where. You can set the sensitivity of this in the vehicle’s settings to “late” which makes it hardly ever alert you. You have to be about to have an impact before it manually brakes for you according to a video Seat have online explaining how it works.

Nice one, thank you. Just to check my understanding; the number of times the emergency brake assist pre-warning is activated is logged under Number of Pre Warnings, but a trouble (error) code should not be logged unless there is a fault - have I got that right?

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
The car is with a dealer at the moment where a master technician is looking into another problem. I raised the matter of the front assist radar code with him.

The advice I was given by a service manager and technicians at another dealer is that it's normal for the car to log this code if the radar is impaired, or when a warning is displayed on the dash because the car has detected an imminent collision or when I'm travelling too close to the car in front. The code keeps getting logged under none of these circumstances.

The master technician said that the fault code can be logged when the radar is impaired (and a warning displayed on the dashboard), but the car will not log a code if it displays a warning for an imminent collision or when too close to the car in front, and therefore in his opinion believes I was given wrong information by the other dealer. The master technician said that the front assist radar is working normally but is not liking messages being received from another control unit; as the radar speaks to many other control units, it will flag an error if it receives a message it doesn't like. He suspects a control unit somewhere on the car's network might be faulty, and will investigate the issue further as the code is being repeatedly logged even when the radar isn't impaired. He agrees that the matter should be investigated, which he will do whilst the car is in his custody.

Reactions: Mr Pig

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
That sounds like you have found a decent technician to work with. Hopefully they can figure out which module is causing the issue and stop the error code. It could be something simple like a software fault (hopefully).

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
Had a phone call earlier from the workshop controller. He reached out to SEAT Technical, who said that front assist radar calibration is required. They've offered to discount the radar readjustment to £216 including VAT.

Update: The master technician has replied. He said that SEAT Technical advised him to check that the voltage supply to the radar is sufficient and then carry out a calibration on the system. Once these steps have been carried out, he'll clear the codes and test the car.

Last edited:

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
Unfortunately, the code has returned. The technician's update was:
  • Connected battery charger and found fault stored in distance regulation control unit (13) was actually U112300 databus error value received.
  • The fault is stored sporadically.
  • Standard conditions read; date: 20/01/21; time: 13:55; malfunction frequency counter: 19.
  • Only one other fault was stored in the entire system which was a sporadic voltage low fault for key battery 1.
  • Advised by DISS to check voltage supply as in standard conditions - voltage shows slightly too low. Then calibrate the radar.
  • First, checked voltage across battery with charger connected: 14.28v.
  • Removed connector from radar (radar left in place to make sure position not disturbed).
  • Checked voltage supply: 14.26v, 0.02v drop, in spec.
  • Confirmed by checking against fuse for radar. Found 14.28v at fuse. Slight markings in fuse. Replaced to be sure.
  • Checked earth wire by using positive from battery - 14.28v (all OK).
  • As connector removed, scoped CAN bus signal - all OK. No fault found with wiring at time of test.
  • Advised by SEAT Technical to calibrate radar and road tested - all OK. Customer to monitor.

Any thoughts? Could it be a bad battery?

Last edited:

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Any update on this ?

Ive started getting this error also from time to time and I’m sure it’s battery related.
I get a few other errors related to “a/c function limitations due to power management” randomly also.

Pretty sure it’s the battery

cheesecakelover

Nov 24, 2020
Hey @Slickric21. Sorry for the slow reply. No update yet - I'll be taking my car to the dealership for them to investigate; SEAT Technical want readings of the battery voltage when the error code is logged, so it could very well be battery related. I'll keep you posted.