Advise on small dint in panel from a rock.

hewittinspain

May 27, 2017
IMG_20221019_111354.jpg

Last week a small rock hit the side of my car (no idea how). I took it to a garage that does accident repairs and he said that the dent is too small for it to be pulled out so he would need to fill the dent and then respray that panel, cost will be £150.With my Leon being green (Lima) im concerned that the area wont be exactly the same colour (exactly) but he told me that they have some computerised colour matching thing that will scan my existing colour.
Has anyone experience in this as im not sure what to do as I dont want it to look slightly different to how it is now.
As an alternative ive looked into mobile companies that take out dents but they are advertised as 'paintless repairs'. My dent has chipped the paint in the area that has been hit so im not sure if pulling out a small dent can be an option or not? Any advise on both options ive mentioned would be great!

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Personally I'd trust them. When the missus scraped her Alor Blue we were very wary of the colour not matching.

The guy who did the repair got the colour perfect just using paint code and his eye, with the help of a scanner they should get it 100% accurate if the person doing the repair is skilled/experienced.

Just be mindful that depending on the age of the vehicle you may have slight paint fade and the respray may appear slightly different due to the newer paint having higher gloss. Nothing a quick wizz with a polisher won't fix.

Reactions: mty12345

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
The dent could be carefully pressed out by a dent repairer but you'll always have the 2 chips, even when carefully touched in.
Maybe try that first, although in my experience it's usually £100 a panel, so almost a much as painting it.
Access is good for the dent repair, they just remove that wheel arch liner.

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
View attachment 34232
Last week a small rock hit the side of my car (no idea how). I took it to a garage that does accident repairs and he said that the dent is too small for it to be pulled out so he would need to fill the dent and then respray that panel, cost will be £150.With my Leon being green (Lima) im concerned that the area wont be exactly the same colour (exactly) but he told me that they have some computerised colour matching thing that will scan my existing colour.
Has anyone experience in this as im not sure what to do as I dont want it to look slightly different to how it is now.
As an alternative ive looked into mobile companies that take out dents but they are advertised as 'paintless repairs'. My dent has chipped the paint in the area that has been hit so im not sure if pulling out a small dent can be an option or not? Any advise on both options ive mentioned would be great!
I'd try them out, i used to work in a body shop years ago and we used the company that makes up the paint to scan cars to match. Always had great results that way even with lambo metalic green even when the car came in part painted with the customer wanting it finished off. Customer was happy with the results.

Matt_anderson

May 8, 2022
North West
Weirdly I recently watched a video on YouTube about this recently and was really impressed. Instead of using your cars actual paint code, some body shops can scan the paint and provide an exact match for your paint as it is now. Great for older cars which have faded slightly or whatever. So yes, if they have the scanner I’d be confident it will match 👍🏻

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I've had dings smaller than that pushed out. Even if you are left with a little mark I still prefer that to paint as there is more chance of the paint job not being perfect.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.