Air outlets

Splitpin2015

Oct 22, 2015
I have noticed that my drivers air outlet directed at my left hand delivers air set at the temperature and fan setting of the passenger controls. Is this normal for these cars?

Last edited:

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I have noticed that my drivers air outlet directed at my left hand delivers air set at the temperature and fan setting of the passenger controls. Is this normal for these cars?

There is no separate fan speed for each side. Only temperature.

murcutt

Feb 12, 2014
I have found that the centre outlets produce lower pressure than the door side ones if that's what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
It annoys me that you can't have warm air on your feet and cold air in your face. Who wants warm air on their face?

It seems that every time car makers come up with a logical development the next generation forget it.

Splitpin2015

Oct 22, 2015
I have found that the centre outlets produce lower pressure than the door side ones if that's what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My centre right outlet delivers air commanded by the passenger temperature control. It also feels a lower pressure, but the temperature difference on my hands annoys me! I think the system should be split down the middle control wise.

Yes, why no individual temp controls for outlets. So you can blow hot air on feet and from console, and warm air on screen in winter simultaneously.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Yes, why no individual temp controls for outlets. So you can blow hot air on feet and from console, and warm air on screen in winter simultaneously.

The Mazda 6 I had was worse. It was impossible to put air under the windscreen and onto the side windows at the same time. It was also hard to put all the air under the windscreen to clear it.

Another crazy characteristics was the way the front demister worked. Pushing that button did put all the air under the window but also switched on the air-con..blowing cold air! It did clear the screen well enough, did nothing to heat the car on a cold morning, but the crazy bit was when you switched it off. As you drove off and switched back to the normal heating, all of the moisture caught by the air-con was released and hit the, still cold, windscreen and misted it all up again!! So you're on the road with a totally fogged window!