Altea versus Dodge Caliber

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i get the feeling they liked the Altea then ? :lol:

i like the hazard flash too on the abs test

years ago before it was released i always hoped to get one like this even the mrs liked it :)

cmd

Nov 13, 2006
Altea mpv in uk... (Sports van) . Whats that all about..? I like mine to be
known as the V.F.M.B.. Can you work that one out

Tell

Staff member
Think van got lost in the translation or gained in the translation. In the states SUVs are called vans as I recall by those people who are non plussed by them. So for the German station the piece may have called them vans but as in German [we need Klawits] so when the piece was translated back to English, English, as opposed to American English it got called a van, we in the UK don't call MPVs vans....

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i own a Toledo and many dont like it (you really get to like it)

i always said same about Renault Vel Satis but after a week i left it saying its possibly the best all round car ive ever driven - minus sports of course

i imagine an Altea or Toledo would be a similar feeling

Tell

Staff member
American cars are terrible, use to drive a few whilst doing holidays in Canada, they wallowed, swayed above 50 MPH. I had a little run in with a motorcyclist once, she decided that she owned the road and that 50 MPH was the legal speed, well us Europeans drive a bit faster than that so I demostrated that this Oldsmobile could speed :).... forgot the see sick tablets. My partner got stopped by the police once over their and got told that they were a little hot.... very informal I thought ;).

The PT Cruiser is so retro you feel embarrased in it and that isn't one I was thinking off when slagging of US cars.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
i always said same about Renault Vel Satis but after a week i left it saying its possibly the best all round car ive ever driven - minus sports of course

i imagine an Altea or Toledo would be a similar feeling

Someone at work drives a Velsatis, i personaaly dont like it at all, although similar to Toledo, it is just not right, anywhere on it to look good!! interior looks awfull, like leather lounge chairs that are too small and seems cramped?? may be a good driver and that, but looks certainly not IMO. Toledo is much better for comfort i would imagine, not too soft, not to hard, and seating position (bearing in mind i'm 22!!) is good, wouldnt go back to sitting on the road again (unless it was a veyron or something :-o ).

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
caliber isn't really a mini van (its a replacement for the Neon). In North America, they dont have any Scenic size mini-vans except the Mazda 5 which has been a hit.

Every time I see a Caliber, I think, my god what did they think they were doing. Its dreadul, but its selling well.

One car worst than the Caliber,,, its sister, the Jeep Compass - again, what were they thinking

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.