Anyone have a source for Cupra copper paint 27A?

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
I’m making some DIY Cupra wheel centres from some old Audi centre caps. I’ve got rid of the Audi rings and filled the holes, and 3D printed some Cupra logos that I now need to paint. Does anyone have a reliable source for some 27A paint? My eBay purchase was absolutely nothing like 27A, it was far too pale.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well, I did some Googling. It appears that Chipex supply 27A Cup Copper Pearlescent Metallic Matte, but at a price. A small kit is £45! That’s for 10ml of paint. Ok, it’s only £50 for 30ml. But they do guarantee a colour match (and I’ve used their Rhodium Grey on my Ateca). The other route is to get an aerosol mixed, for which the going rate seems to be around £20 for 400ml. I’ll maybe give one of those companies (like Car Paint Warehouse) a call in the week and see if they have the colour.

ETA: “Paintnuts” offer a matching touch-up 50ml bottle for £15. As I already have all the other bits from Chipex, and it’s only for the centre cap logos (and a small alloy chip too) I’ll risk it I think.

Last edited:

OldTimerSR

May 19, 2020
Another is 'Touch Up Paint Factory' they do pens, small bottles and spray cans. Lots of other paint related stuff.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Interestingly (FCVO "interesting") I had an email from Paintnuts saying they didn'y have the colour code in their database, and they had requested it from the manufacturer (presumably SEAT). They now say they have it, so I should soon have some to compare. Since I'ce seen both 27A and L27A used, I'm still not convinced I've ordered / will receive the correct colour, will update once I've got it (27A in my case).

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
Well the sample from paintnuts, despite them saying they got the formulation from SEAT, was a dreadful match 🙄. Still, mixing it with the equally crap eBay special gave an approximate match.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members