Assign key to user

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Another question about my new FR...

After setting up myself as a user I noticed my profile seemed to be associated with one if the keys. If I opened the car with that key it welcomed me with my SEAT ID nickname, if I used the other key it didn’t recognise me and I had guest settings.

This led me to assume that the keys are user specific, so I setup an account for my wife with the other key in the car.

Now both keys are linked to my profile!

The user manual has an entry in the index for ‘assign key’ but makes no mention of it anywhere. The infotainment system has an option ‘ assign key automatically’ buried deep in the user profile setup.

Is assigning keys to users a feature? If so has anyone got it to work? I’ve seen a thread on the Formentor group saying it may be a software bug but the Formentor manual seems to describe a setup process.

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
To update this thread, the keys are user specific. To make it work I had to create 2 SEAT ID’s then set each up in the car with only the target key anywhere near the car. Then lock the car with that key and (the bit I wasn’t doing) wait until the dashboard fully shuts down before letting the other key near the car.

Now it’s works, this is a very cool feature. The dashboard and car settings set themselves up as each of us like them depending on the key used. It even greets you with your nickname as set on the SEAT portal

Reactions: jcbmally

izometric

Feb 19, 2021
It is even cooler when you have car seats with electric adjustments and memory function :)

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
I don't have electric seats.
Should the side mirrors move to user preset because it currently doesn't.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I don't have electric seats.
Should the side mirrors move to user preset because it currently doesn't.
Only if you have the electric seats, it remembers mirror positions from different driving positions.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Mine has that too, do the mirrors change position if you unlock with a different key?

Apr 9, 2021
To update this thread, the keys are user specific. To make it work I had to create 2 SEAT ID’s then set each up in the car with only the target key anywhere near the car. Then lock the car with that key and (the bit I wasn’t doing) wait until the dashboard fully shuts down before letting the other key near the car.

Now it’s works, this is a very cool feature. The dashboard and car settings set themselves up as each of us like them depending on the key used. It even greets you with your nickname as set on the SEAT portal
ive set up myself and my partner but i think that both keys are assigned because when either of us get into the car it asks if its me in the car - so should i just cancelled my partners profile and then install it sepeartley or would i need to cancel both and start from scratch

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
ive set up myself and my partner but i think that both keys are assigned because when either of us get into the car it asks if its me in the car - so should i just cancelled my partners profile and then install it sepeartley or would i need to cancel both and start from scratch
I always get the message on the central screen asking if the user is correct. I’ve had a couple of occasions since setup where it has the wrong person for the key so I’ve just selected ‘change user’ on the message and this puts it right and then remembers the user / key pairing. You could try that first. Hope that makes sense!

Aug 9, 2021
Has anyone had issues when both keys are in the car at the same time? When my girlfriend, who has a separate profile, unlocks the car with her key with mine nearby the car welcomes me (and sometimes vice Verda). At the startup in the infotainment when trying to change user the car goes into a “wait” screen with everything blanked out and nothing happens for minutes. Until an error occurres saying “this service is not available at the moment”. When trying to change manually in the “users” menu the same error occurs. This is really frustrating for her and me because there is a relatively big height difference between us which sometimes results in an awkward situation with me trying to fit in the seat with her settings 😅

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise