AUQ fuel pump confusion SOLVED

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Looking to replace my fp in preparation for stage 2, i know the part number is 8L0919051H and that its the same as the LCR

but when i search i get so many mixed results, and they all come up 3bar, when i know its meant to be 4. It seems two versions of pump exist under that number?

Everything on autodoc, euro etc was 3bar, there was some 4bar ones for 200+ quid which is just too much. Failing that lambo gallardo pumps show up in the results?

Can anyone recommend any advice where to get one and what price as it seems to go from 30 quid to 300 without much visual difference.

tia

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
From what I read the LCR Pump was supposed to have better flow. If it's the same then there is no reason to upgrade, as upgrading the fuel pump isn't needed for stage 2. My advice would be to replace yours with a new standard one if you think it's going to hold you back. Or have a look at Automotive Plumbing Solutions. I Think it's about £100 from demon tweeks. It replaces the in tank pump and offers much better flow. You can also get in-line pumps that work well also.

Standard fuel pressure is 3 Bar. What your reading might be flow rates depending on fuel pressure. The Fuel Pressure Regulator dictates fuel pressure, not the pump. and although it may be common practice to upgrade to a 4 bar FPR as you can flow more fuel with smaller injectors. I think it's better to stay at 3 bar as it involves a lot less fuelling calibrations in the tune. And if you ever encounter fuelling problems, which I doubt you will without going into the realms of hybrid turbo's and big turbo builds, you can always install the BAM 225 injectors and just have the tuner copy the 2 fuelling maps from the BAM file into your AUQ map.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I’m not interested in an upgrade per say. Just covering a few bases before a tune. I’m not going crazy with big injectors and the such just yet.

I actually read one of the only post results on this forum where everyone said the standard pump was 4bar on both auq and bam.

So you’re saying that is incorrect and 3bar will be fine? Because that will save me money and a headache!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
The pump is rated to flow a certain amount. I've seen certain tuners request a 4 bar regulator so they can tune with it. Basically the standard injectors for example will be let's say 300cc at 3 bar. But they would in effect be 400cc injectors at 4 bar. I'm not a fuel pump expert but it leads be to believe that the pump will be forced to flow more fuel with the higher pressure request and therefore it has the capabilities to.

I did a lot of research on this engine as I tuned my auq myself. When pushing hard at stage 2 you have 2 limiting factors. Your turbo and your injectors. Both will max out at around 250 Bhp. As long as your fuel pump is healthy you shouldn't need one.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
The pump is rated to flow a certain amount. I've seen certain tuners request a 4 bar regulator so they can tune with it. Basically the standard injectors for example will be let's say 300cc at 3 bar. But they would in effect be 400cc injectors at 4 bar. I'm not a fuel pump expert but it leads be to believe that the pump will be forced to flow more fuel with the higher pressure request and therefore it has the capabilities to.

I did a lot of research on this engine as I tuned my auq myself. When pushing hard at stage 2 you have 2 limiting factors. Your turbo and your injectors. Both will max out at around 250 Bhp. As long as your fuel pump is healthy you shouldn't need one.

Rtech is who I spoke to and they didn’t request me to replace mine just queried when and if. I am getting hold of a pc laptop (Mac user) and a copy of vcds lite or the full version if I have to so I can check the fuelling, as really that’s the only way to tell if it does need replacing I think.

Being that stage 2 is probably my limit, I should be fine with a 3bar fp? It won’t push more than 240 I imagine after a tune I assume so I’m just below the threshold of going big with everything else

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Yes. A healthy new pump will be all you need if you suspect yours might be tired and want piece of mind. Your main upgrades for a good stage 2 will be a free flowing exhaust. Front mount intercooler and a large turbo intake pipe. I did some reading and some of the a4's were 4bar as standard. Cupra runs 3 bar. So the 3 bar rated fuel pump will be more than enough.

Reactions: Connor H

SlashProm

May 23, 2018

I'd recommend this. Direct fit. Good reviews and cheap. Supports up to 500 Bhp

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

I'd recommend this. Direct fit. Good reviews and cheap. Supports up to 500 Bhp

Interesting, I was going to buy the whole assembly. What’s involved in fitting just that unit? Bit of soldering?

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
It has spade connectors so it's basically plug and play. Or at most you'd cut the original connector off and crimp on a couple of spades.

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Fuel pump change complete! You was right @SlashProm plug and play. Super easy job.
c71308c21e01d356d54d94ee8c3f4506.jpg

456907bb65b17cc135f5cbb36356e1ae.jpg

0887c04bddc226a64945560821685dd0.jpg

7868fcaf9b6d335d0cbb37110eb6ce77.jpg

Reactions: Rich.T