Before buy a Cupra

Feb 27, 2022
Hello

I'm considering buying a cupra 290 (2016) from a garage, which is going on its 50000kms, it seems clean, rims a little scratched but not very nasty
Driving good feeling no suspicious noises according to my knowledge ^^ and works very well for sure !

Only worry, no booklets, no invoices ... except 1, a maintenance last year around 40000 (oil change).
so it seems that it was maintained out of Seat company... at least I hope so :s

the garage would give me a one year warranty excluding wear parts...
well, I'll be honest, I'd prefer a complete and clear history, but for lack of anything better ... anyway I like it, and you, what would you do? what do you think ?

thanks

Last edited:

Shminkypinky

Dec 1, 2017
In the UK servicing with Seat is logged digitally and cars don't come with service books. Mught be worth checking with a Seat dealer in your country tonsee if any history has been logged.

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Some garages now send invoice to email, and service is logged online.
if is manual car u need let it warm then on quiet place, depress clutch slowly and listen to it.
if modified car remapped or stages on dsg, manually change gear and see if it jumps quick.
also point light to behind alternator down if water there ask them to change thermostat before take it away..
This is a good reliable car if looked after, if acting like no brain then its a very expensive car to maintain