Best place to get DRL Headlights?

Aug 22, 2020
Right now I have the headlights on the green car and they have got really bad crazing all over the headlights. I want to upgrade them to the DRL headlights but I am worried if I buy them off eBay for around £350 then the DRL LEDs will be crap. Has anyone ever bought them off eBay or any other place, or does
seat ibiza headlights.jpg
anyone
Seat ibiza drl headlights.jpg
know how much they are from main dealer?

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I do not belive they are straight swaps. I notice you are from the UK, so in order for you to convert them so they the are legal, you would also need the washers installed, the auto levelers, and new wiring, as Bi-xenon you would also need the ballasts etc. I remember when I had my Ibiza, the Bi-xenon option was £425 from factory, money in my opinion well spent. To retrofit it, I would estimate it would be easily double or triple the price. Unless you are speaking about certain aftermarket lights that has the DLRs but are only using standard halogen bulb in projector housing, then for those you may not need so much effort to convert them, though I'm not sure on the legality side of things.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
I’ve got the 350 eBay ones, they’re nowhere near as nice as the original ones as you get a lot less LEDs in the DRL bit and they definitely aren’t as bright. However, they are a straight swap for your lights (my previous were those aswell) and they cost a fraction of what OEM cost. As above, it’s very expensive and complicated for the OEM and simply not worth it IMO. For the price, you aren’t going to do better than the eBay ones. Just make sure you get the ones from the seller 2xcite as they were the only ones that were the correct setup for UK. The others were all for European countries and the light pattern will be all wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 22, 2020
I’ve got the 350 eBay ones, they’re nowhere near as nice as the original ones as you get a lot less LEDs in the DRL bit and they definitely aren’t as bright. However, they are a straight swap for your lights (my previous were those aswell) and they cost a fraction of what OEM cost. As above, it’s very expensive and complicated for the OEM and simply not worth it IMO. For the price, you aren’t going to do better than the eBay ones. Just make sure you get the ones from the seller 2xcite as they were the only ones that were the correct setup for UK. The others were all for European countries and the light pattern will be all wrong

Legend mate cheers. I'm guessing you still had to wire the DRL LEDs to the ignition for them to work, and was the rest just plug and play?

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Legend mate cheers. I'm guessing you still had to wire the DRL LEDs to the ignition for them to work, and was the rest just plug and play?

So everything will connect back to the normal factory light plugs, except the drl bits. From each light, you will have a wire that trails off to a control box for the drls. That box you just connect to the battery using the included cables to positive and negative. There’s a little setup process you do that tells the control box when the car is off and when it’s on, so it knows to turn off the drl when the cars off or turn them on when it turns on again. I’ve just tried to look for it as I had the picture for it but basically when you first connect them to power, the lights blink 10 times. You then leave it for a minute with the car off and then the lights blink 3 times to confirm it’s done. The lights then know at what voltage the car is when it’s off so it knows to turn them off when it’s that voltage. You will get a piece of paper with the lights to tell you all that though anyway. The only pain is you’ve got to repeat this process anytime you disconnect your battery for anything. If you don’t do it, the lights will stay on even when the cars off. It’s easy to do though as there’s just a fuse in line with the wire that goes to the negative terminal, so you just need to pull out that fuse and reconnect it to start the process again. Here’s mine if you want to see them on
1c90857a2da49269643093bab0192a56.jpg

Aug 22, 2020
So everything will connect back to the normal factory light plugs, except the drl bits. From each light, you will have a wire that trails off to a control box for the drls. That box you just connect to the battery using the included cables to positive and negative. There’s a little setup process you do that tells the control box when the car is off and when it’s on, so it knows to turn off the drl when the cars off or turn them on when it turns on again. I’ve just tried to look for it as I had the picture for it but basically when you first connect them to power, the lights blink 10 times. You then leave it for a minute with the car off and then the lights blink 3 times to confirm it’s done. The lights then know at what voltage the car is when it’s off so it knows to turn them off when it’s that voltage. You will get a piece of paper with the lights to tell you all that though anyway. The only pain is you’ve got to repeat this process anytime you disconnect your battery for anything. If you don’t do it, the lights will stay on even when the cars off. It’s easy to do though as there’s just a fuse in line with the wire that goes to the negative terminal, so you just need to pull out that fuse and reconnect it to start the process again. Here’s mine if you want to see them on
1c90857a2da49269643093bab0192a56.jpg

They look class fair play. I'm waiting for the headlights to come back into stock so if I have any problems installing them when I've got them I'll be sure to give you a message. Cheers mate.

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
They look class fair play. I'm waiting for the headlights to come back into stock so if I have any problems installing them when I've got them I'll be sure to give you a message. Cheers mate.

Not a problem mate, I’m sure you’ll be fine as they really are quite easy but drop me a message and I’ll have a look at my wiring if your struggling. I didn’t wire mine myself as my brothers an auto electrician but it was actually really easy

Reactions: alexharding_ah
Feb 7, 2022
Do u Guys know what i need to do for a model 6j 2016 to get the drl and turn signal to work?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.