Break Pad Warning Light

Aug 13, 2020
have a small issue, recently changed the front pads and my break pad warning light is on, any suggestions how to get it off? did the usual look at what wires I can see for breaks etc, checked connectors, cleaned. still on. mk1 leon, 1.8t

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Did the new pad you fitted on the nearside front have the wear sensor wiring as many aftermarket pads don't actually have them?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2020
yes, only one side has it and connected no problem. it was Brembos I fitted since they are popular and at a good price compared to bosch ones

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
I've just fitted Brembo front pads and the wear indicator connector is pretty simple so I doubt you've not fitted it properly. A quick Google suggests the light needs resetting to get it to go out - anyone confirm this?

Aug 13, 2020
im hoping this weekend im going to get a hold of a friends ex garage snapon diagnostics computer and maybe that will help rest it. my cheapo code reader is no use

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Was the pad warning light on before changing the pads?
If not, maybe plug the old wire back in and see if the light goes out.
If it does, maybe the new sensor wire is faulty.

Have you checked the fluid level in the reservoir?

Rich

Aug 13, 2020
sorry I should of been clearer, I changed the pads because the light was, when taking the old ones off I noticed that they still had life left in them. I changed anyway and the light never came off. hoping to hook it up to diagnostic on Friday and see if I can turn the light off by resetting it. hoping there aint a break in the loom. seen videos where people just cross the wires or shove a bit of metal wire in but would rather go down that route.

all levels were checked

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.