Buying new Leon tomorrow.

Aug 12, 2020
UK
Buying new Leon tomorrow. (Leon ST SE Dynamic Technology 1.2 TSI 110 PS 6-speed manual, 2017)

Any advice on, what to look for on my viewing day (test ride) ?

Regards

Reactions: MichaelMcC

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I presume this is a pre facelift as it is a 1.2. I had a 2016 1.2tsi manual hatch from new which I thought was excellent in every respect except for :

1. occasional kangarooing from cold just like the problem reported with some 1.5tsi engines although mine seemed to be the only 1.2tsi known to do this.
2. water in the led head lamps and tail lamps. This is very common and is made worse by the LEDs not producing enough heat to dry them out.
3. Running hotter than my replacement 1.5tsi. The cooling fan seemed to run for an age after turning the engine off although it never overheated.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
There isn't anything terrible to look out for, they are fairly solid cars. The usual checks should see you ok.

A lot of water in the lights is bad, a small amount is normal. Crap, but normal! Many people report interior rattles but we've had three cars tat have all been quiet. Creaks and squeaks from the suspension over speed bumps is normal, all our cars have done that.

Hope the car works out :0)

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I have a feeling there will be no LEDs on SE Dynamic (unless it' SE Dynamic Tech pack?), engine is solid, don't let 110PS fool you, it's enough.. maybe you might just need to swap out to brighter bulbs of the Philips Xtreme vision or Osran NightBreaker type.

Aug 12, 2020
UK
engine is solid, don't let 110PS fool you, it's enough..
I agree engine is plenty, but unfortunately, they try to sell me a car with clutch already slipping ☹.

I was chopping salesman will come back to me and say:” If I commit to buy this car, they will put thing right (clutch replacement), but that was not the case. Looks to me like they will try to find some other not suspecting person (buyer). Lost my confidence with this dealership.

Search continues.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015

I think dealers are getting worse but I also think they are under pressure right now. We've bought three cars from the same dealer. First two cars were great but the prep on the third car was not up to the previous standard. Alloys kerbing not fixed, two dings not fixed, stuff like that. I think they were having trouble getting work done because of the lockdown but were also trying to spend less on the cars because of the money they were losing.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.