Cabin temperature stuck on hot passenger side

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Driving my 1.8 FR MY16 yesterday and cabin suddenly started getting hot. Found that hot air was coming out of left hand side dash vents (couldn't check footwell) despite temp being set same for both L & R sides and cool air coming out of RHS. Changing temp up and down had no effect, nor did switching on air con. I switched heating off and back on and it then started working normally again and has done on 2 journeys since. Heating works fine otherwise so not a matrix / silikat related issue (bag removed last year). Anyone had this problem ? Looking at workshop manual I'm thinking either the vent trmperature sender or the temperature flap servomotor may have dodgy connection or be faulty ?

normak

Jun 25, 2015
Hi! I'm having the same problem with my car. Could you please write what was wrong/what was done/and what was replaced to fix the issue?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If the re-cal fails, try demanding Lo, wait a minute then demand Hi, wait a minute, then repeat that maybe 20 times, boring, yes, but if it solves this problem for a day/week/month, then it would point to that side temperature flap motor assembly being faulty - a well known problem for VW Group cars for at least the last 20 years! Replacing that motor assembly would then be the solution, but saving some money by buying a used flap motor for that specific car and application could be a waste of money within your period of ownership, try buying NOS from the usual auction site.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members