Can't Find replacement Front Calipers. HELP!

Nezthompson

Feb 29, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm in desperate need of some new Front Calipers for my 2004 Leon Cupra R. I'm really struggling to find even a set that are refurbished on Ebay or anywhere for that matter. What I would appreciate some help with is what size is the Mounting Bracket on the standard Calipers and and does anyone know a model number? I've seen a few sets of refurbished Calipers on Ebay but lets say they're advertised for a Megane RS, will they fit the Leon.

Like I say this may very well be basic stuff but I don't want to buy some Calipers and when the car is in the garage the mechanic not be able to fit them.

Cheers All.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Plenty of people breaking Cupra Rs on Facebook so shouldn't be that hard to source.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
As above. Fb has Leon pages with loads breaking.
And yes same calipers was used in focus RS of same age.
Believe a jag too but unsure of the model.
Don’t know if carriers are same but you’d expect them to be.
Someone will have the codes I’m sure.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Nizza

May 17, 2019
Also.used on some.porsche and scooby wrx

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Nezthompson

Feb 29, 2016
Cheers guys. The problem I’m having is I would rather buy a new or refurb set as mine are old and sticking this causing the brake discs to warp, 2 sets in 18 months. So would you still recommend a set of a Cupra R that has been dismantled for breaking? Would you say they would be good enough to stop the warping or would I still be better off looking for a refurbed set?
I think the Calipers I’m looking for are Bremno GT/Junior so hoping to find a set of them.

cheers again guys.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Another option is to rebuild the calipers yourself.

The usual issue is where cars have been left standing around and the piston seals deteriorate from not moving (or 2nd hand calipers sitting on a shelf).

Depending on your ability and inclination to do the work a complete rebuild kit with new pistons, seals and associated rubbers can be had for around £40 depending on model of course. Go to BiggRed and have a look.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members