Celebrating 60 years of SEAT

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT celebrates 60 years

Feliz cumpleaños SEAT! Or, to put it another way, Happy Birthday SEAT! The Spanish car maker is, this month, celebrating a big milestone in its history as it turns 60.

In a week of celebration, SEATCupra.net the largest SEAT enthusiasts fan site also celebrates its 9th birthday. We all wish SEAT a very happy diamond anniversary.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

CupraSmitten

formerly sjbvs
May 26, 2004
St Helens
Not sure that my post here is in the right place, but seems about right.

60 years gone - but what do the next 60 hold??

I think my car is great and i've been looking at new cars this week - and the Seat range is a good one for me personally, particular interest in an Ibiza 5 dr for the wife, and either a Leon, Ibiza ST, Altea, Altea XL or Exeo for myself.

But just been having a read online and found a news article dated May this year saying it was last chance saloon for SEAT - being VW's main loss-maker. What sort of truth is in this? Just pie in the sky or a reality?

Also, what kind of new models are we going to get over the next few years? Pretty much same as is - or new ranges - i.e. VW have just launched the Amarok Pickup - perhaps Seat should relaunch the Inca or even call it the Inca4, or what about the Tango? Audi is on it's 2nd TT now and VW is showing signs of launching a roadster next year - will Skoda and SEAT follow suit?

Also, the VW Touran and Audi Q5/Q3 - surely SEAT can re-style a Q3 to call it's own??

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
There's a new Leon in the pipeline, and the new Alhambra, not sure if thats been released yet or not

Also a few concepts floating abou like an Exeo coupe and the Tribu, though I think that one got put on hold.

There's a thread on here about their current situation, basically VW have gave them 5 years to turn themselves around. So there'll still be plenty of investment in new models, put it like this, they're not about to turn into Spains MG Rover!

CupraSmitten

formerly sjbvs
May 26, 2004
St Helens
There's a new Leon in the pipeline, and the new Alhambra, not sure if thats been released yet or not

Also a few concepts floating abou like an Exeo coupe and the Tribu, though I think that one got put on hold.

There's a thread on here about their current situation, basically VW have gave them 5 years to turn themselves around. So there'll still be plenty of investment in new models, put it like this, they're not about to turn into Spains MG Rover!

Thanks Markmeus - i've just found the other threads earlier this morning and have been having a good read. They, and your post, pretty much answer my questions.

What to do eh? I'm going to be looking to replace my Ibiza in 12-18 months time and was going to keep a close eye on residuals of my car, and the likes of the Altea FR TDI and Exeo TDIs - but not sure if all this doom and gloom has thrown my thoughts a bit and whether i should just go and buy a VW!

Saying that, look at Saab. They were pretty much dead and buried with, as the press said, no chance of survival or buy-out - and then along came Spyker.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise