Central Locking issue

Phillips1795

May 17, 2010
Corby - Northamptonshire
Hello Guys,

Hopefully someone can suggest something!

For some reason when I open the car sometimes only the drivers door opens and doesn't disable the alarm instead of the central locking system kicking in and opening all doors. It only started to happen about a week ago.

I use the key to open the car not the remote.

Any chance this could be the car battery on its way out? I've tried a different key

Thanks

Greegiecee

Loving my SEATs
Oct 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
I'm no expert and am having issues with mine to (not the same issue) but I always thought that the alarm had to be disarmed with the remote fob. I may be wrong but I know my polo was like that, if you unlocked with the key it wouldn't disarm the alarm. Have you tried resetting it? I would change the battery in the remote first if it doesn't work properly but it sounds like it may be something else. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm off to post my own question about my own central locking issues :)

monkeybreath

If you unlock the car mechanically you have to turn the ignition on to turn off the alarm. As to only the drivers door opening have you tried turning the key twice as it may be set for single door opening and the only fault could be a flat remote battery or at worst the key top knacked.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise