Claying recommendations

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
Hi,

I've just received the following products to go with my Maguiar's Gold Shampoo, but I didn't know if using a clay bar would be any different to using the Auto Finesse (Rejuvenate) and Poorboys (White Diamond) products? If so, at what stage should I use the clay bar (pre or post these two products etc)?

NB. Any product recommendations would also be appreciated.

Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam

DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher

Optimum Microfiber Polishing Pad (various size)

Auto Finesse - Rejuvenate

SFX-4 Final Gloss Seal and Protect Pad

Poorboys - White Diamond

Collinite 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax

Poorboys - Nattys Paste Wax

Valet Pro - Bilberry Wheel Cleaner

Chemical Guys - New Look Trim Gel

Chemical Guys - Fabric Clean

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Poorboys white diamond is a glaze which should be used after polishing. Not sure on the Autofinesse product.

Claying should be done after you've washed and dried the car. You should then wash again after claying, then move on to polishing.

Snowfoam then rinse
Wash & dry
Clay
Wash & dry again
Polish
Glaze
Sealent/Wax

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
The reason for the 2nd wash is to remove the quick detailer that you used as lube for the clay.
You dont actually need to do the 2nd wash if you dont want to.

You always should de-tar/clay before machine polishing. It prepares the surface better.

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
I've check Amazon and the Bilt seems cheaper than buying the Meguiar's detailing kit. I'm guessing the normal compound would be better on a car / van that hasn't been cleaned before and has water marks etc (my Father's camper is white and has the usual grey / black water markings)?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.