Comfort

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
Hi. I am looking to change,( well actually my wife is) to a Arona from a Ibiza. Can i ask owners, how they get on with the seats, with regard to comfort. My wife suffers back problems, hence the change.

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
Adjustable lumber support is key. The Arona doesn't have that. Whilst they hold you well, for a long journey over an hour or so it takes a toll on you. Whilst it's a compact SUV you dont get the same seating height as the Ateca. The partner moans about the lack of adjustable lumber support in the Arona compared with the older Punto that had it.

I'd look up to an Ateca if you want good support for your back with Xcellence or so seating. Some of the lower Ateca's don't have such good seating. I do get back problems myself. Amazed how Leon owners get by.

tsmiggy

Feb 12, 2007
Leicestershire
I find it hard to understand, why Seat feel, that they can have a vehicle without lumber support. Up until recently, i had a Leon, and i used the lumber support. My wife has no lumber on her Ibiza. I may be considered a traitor by Seat owners, but after having a Leon MK1, MK2 and MK3, i now have a Kuga, which as electric lumber support, and it is brilliant ,ten position i think.

Dunkelmann

Apr 14, 2018
Muxton, Shropshire
My Arona is not uncomfortable but I have driven more comfortable cars. As others have said you really want lumbar support in a seat to prevent or lessen backache.

As Tell recommended, I tried a facelift Ateca and it was so much more comfortable and supportive. I liked the higher position and wider opening doors. I was a bit suspicious of the "sports" seats since my wife is a larger lady, but she found them fine. We will see, because I ordered an Ateca Xperience DSG!

PS it really is spelled lumbar. :giggle:

Reactions: Tell and tsmiggy
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.