Corner light not working..

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Hello.

The Mrs Arona corner lights don't come on. I have checked the settings and can confirm the setting is enabled, is the fog light supposed to come on with indicator and/or turning?

I know my previous VW's did as well as my current MK8 Fiesta but unsure with this Arona. It's a 21 plate MIB3 (if that helps).

Tell

Staff member
Pass whether it's suppose to do it but the generation one of the Ateca's didn't since Seat claimed you had enough side light from the LED headlights to need it. Started a modding thing in some quarters. The same argument may be used. Pre facelifted Arona's don't. Not sure of the newer ones.

Reactions: Sly870

bloodnok

Jun 22, 2021
I have a brand new Arona Experience Lux and can confirm that the cornering function works on the new cars.

Reactions: Tell

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
Yep, same here, Arona FR, fogs come on when cornering, only at low speeds though I believe

demonikx

Sep 13, 2018
By default in cars with Front Led lamps the corner light is disabled it's need to code via VCDS or OBD11

bloodnok

Jun 22, 2021
By default in cars with Front Led lamps the corner light is disabled it's need to code via VCDS or OBD11
That's not true. My Experience Lux has full LED lights and the corner lights have worked since day one.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Hello.

The Mrs Arona corner lights don't come on. I have checked the settings and can confirm the setting is enabled, is the fog light supposed to come on with indicator and/or turning?

I know my previous VW's did as well as my current MK8 Fiesta but unsure with this Arona. It's a 21 plate MIB3 (if that helps).
Might seem like a silly question, have you checked to see if they both come on in reverse? If the Arona is like the Leon, they should do.
Are the foglights LED or halogen bulbs on your OH's car?

Tell

Staff member
Might seem like a silly question, have you checked to see if they both come on in reverse? If the Arona is like the Leon, they should do.
On LED or halogen cornering lights, I always think it's asking for trouble to code cornering lights on halogen bulbs since atleast on the Ateca they are very difficult to get at to replace. LED ones are a different story.

Cornering lights are a bit of a fad by region. The Spanish love them.

For those with Obdeleven the mod is listed for the FR:

Activation Cornering light + Adjusting parameters Cornering light (LED lights)
1. Control Unit 09 (Central Electrics)
2. Adaptation
3. Static AFS light
- Vorschrift
New value : FMVSS_517_108
Old value : off
- Untere_Geschwindigkeitsschwelle
New value : 0
- Obere_Geschwindigkeitsschwelle
New value : 125
Old value : 40
- Steering wheel angle, offset
New value : 0
- Unterer_Lenkradwinkel
New value : 30
- Oberer_Lenkradwinkel
New value : 30
4. Leuchte12NL LB40
- Light_Function_B_12
New value : Abbiegelicht links
Old value : nicht aktiv
5. Leuchte13NL RB3
- Light_Function_B_13
New value : Abbiegelicht rechts
Old value : nicht aktiv

Saying this that's for the FR Led version above. The lighting units Led / Halogen are specific, those Leuchte values in 4 and 5. Will be a different code for halogen.

Any one excited enough can study theirs. Gives something to go on. Interesting to see how it's done.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
On LED or halogen cornering lights, I always think it's asking for trouble to code cornering lights on halogen bulbs since atleast on the Ateca they are very difficult to get at to replace. LED ones are a different story.

Cornering lights are a bit of a fad by region. The Spanish love them.
Mrs S's old Ibiza with Bi-xenon headlight option had halogen cornering fogs which were fairly useless. The LED units on her Leon are actually pretty decent and do make a difference on dark country roads. I still have no idea why they come on when reverse is selected though :unsure:

Reactions: Tell

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Believe they are normal halogen lights, not sure if they come on in reverse.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.