Cruise control issue

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Anyone any ideas why cruise control has stopped working? No errors on the infotainment screen. Error on the dash. Stopped working mid drive.
92D43B0E-A05E-4C57-BA31-22D3B62B8A49.jpeg

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I believe this has been mentioned before on this forum, may be related to the ACC?
I think that the ACC fault has car+cruise symbol, plus dirty sensor/camera warning.

Video below is most likely cause if standard cruise/mechanical fault:

Reactions: SuperV8

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Usually the cruise control will stop working if it has a fault with the brake or clutch switch as it won't know what inputs your providing.

I had this a few weeks back on my MK3 Leon and it was the brake lights stuck on. The rear washer pipe had disconnected by the bonnet release and soaked all of the electrical connectors behind the trim. Not ideal!

Have you got access to a code reader?

Reactions: black_sheep

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Usually the cruise control will stop working if it has a fault with the brake or clutch switch as it won't know what inputs your providing.

I had this a few weeks back on my MK3 Leon and it was the brake lights stuck on. The rear washer pipe had disconnected by the bonnet release and soaked all of the electrical connectors behind the trim. Not ideal!

Have you got access to a code reader?
I do have access to a code reader. Luckily the cruise control is working now.

andycupra

status subject to change
its a good call to mention the brake or clutch switch. but also note that this may not show as a fault.
for example if the clutch pedal is not quite returning 1005 to the top it simply doesn't register on the switch, this wont show as a fault, rather the cruise control will simply not work as it thinks you have pressed the clutch.
you can test this by lifting/pushing up the clutch pedal with your foot as you drive and if the cruise then works ok then you can look to fix it, perhaps by adjustment or adding something onto the pedal to make sure it presses the switch ok.
on my old lean there was a plastic clip on the pedal which made contact with the switch

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Hi mate what was the cause of the cruise control issue as this as just come on in my 2018 leon 1.8 tsi
Have you got or know anyone with vcds/vag com or obd11? You'll be able to monitor all of the switch inputs. Clutch, brake pedal and the cruise stalk and buttons. This is the easiest way to start diagnosing the issue if no codes are present on a generic reader.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
To revive an old thread again, it happened again yesterday and today on the motorway. Car threw me out of cruise control, and whacked the yellow error symbol on in the cruise control section (bottom left).

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
There’s an intermittent P001100. And DCC front shocks were replaced recently, and mechanic says the DCC connector for one shock was corroded, so could be that?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.