Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
What is it?

We drove the most expensive CUPRA model available in the UK, which comes in at £59,999. This is the UK’s answer to the 2.5-litre VZ5 with 390PS that we can’t get over here. It comes with extra power, new wheels, lowered suspension, an Akrapovic exhaust and more. Is it worth the extra £10,619 over the VZN we reviewed last year? And is it worth spending your money on with a new Formentor on the way? Read on to find out.

Verdict
Powerful, mean looking, great fun to drive but expensive. We had a hoot with the ABT Edition Formentor, it kind of makes up for the lack of the 2.5 litre, VZ5 in the UK, so we are very glad CUPRA UK have worked to make this a reality...

Continue reading...

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Okay this should be a fairly simple calculation!

Considering my VZ2 310 list price of £39,970. This ABT leaves £20,029 on the table for tuning, any retrofits; 360 cameras, Beats, matrix LED. Aftermarket mods including; 200 cell downpipe, sports back exhaust, intake, intercooler, remapping, the modified insurance cost of running. Leaving out the sunroof and the fancy seats.

£59,999 could also get you a 1 year old used Vorsprung Audi RS3 or RSQ3.

No, I really don't think this ABT Edition Formentor is good value lol!

I'm pleased the review drew attention to how little the Akrapovič makes on the OPF EA888 too, very poor value indeed. Painted in standard black? At least the VZN has a cool exclusive colour! Lastly, still fitted with Brembo's despite the superior Akebono's on the VZ5? Sorry I cannot recommend this in the slightest, even with the unmodified vehicle benefit.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Seen as they’re VAG, and they have a 2.5L RS3 engine at their disposal, why not give it to the sporty Seat side-branch CUPRA to put in one of their cars? It’d work great in a Leon too. Or would that then detract customers away from their RS3…

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise