Syphon

CUPRA Formentor Brochure and price list (2020 to present)

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
Although a different Model I have too ordered the Cupra Ateca C&S (no confirmed build date ) again before the 29th Dec date, the spec on that car has changed to the VZ system and Dealer cannot confirm what model i will be getting although it is still being shown as C&S on the system his last words in email were Cupra could change spec ?? and to be honest i do not personally want the blue interior as the VZ2 is the only option similar to C&S it also loses the Beats etc, I do not want to get to March and the wrong car is delivered as not sure what options would be for rejection, So with regret i have cancelled order as dealer are totally radio silent , I know it is a lockdown but they furloughed the Cupra salesman so no one with knowledge to talk to as the other guys do not have his knowledge, and i feel it should not be up to us to contact anyone as we are buying from the dealer, and if they are trying to Launch Cupra this is not the way to go ?? they could have kept him in the showroom even if just answering the phone ??
I’m sorry to hear of your problems that ultimately lead to you cancelling your order.

I think I will likely have to end up doing the same unless they can find me a vehicle that has the electric tailgate.

My dealer has been excellent to be fair and I have a great relationship with the sales manager. The issue is Cupra as a brand and they’ve really got off on the wrong foot considering they are supposed to be a premium brand.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I would not believe that anything that is called premium brand, is better. I wasted too much time with "premium" Audi. And definitely don't believe, that if you order or service expensive model, you will get better treatment than customers ordering/driving cheaper models. Mercedes was better to deal with, but maybe because I was dealing with dealerships owned directly by MB. But Key Account manager that ordered my car in different dealership was very rude.

I only ordered two cars from factory before, but both were established models, so no issues with spec. My other cars were stock ones, so already specced and built.

@Chris Smith
Regarding Chris order, looks like big mess with model changes. So what car are you looking at now?

JonnyT

Dec 28, 2020
*** Update ***

Cupra have been really good and have admitted there has been a mistake and it has gone to the highest level in the UK to resolve. They have confirmed that the vehicle that was due to be built in week 7 didn’t have the electric tailgate and virtual pedal, however they are cancelling that order and are building me my car in the specification I originally ordered with the electric tailgate and virtual pedal. The downside is it isn’t going to be built until week 9 or 10 but they are also refunding me the £465 price difference between the price I ordered the car at and the new price that excludes the electric tailgate.

Considering I didn’t email the CEO of Cupra until Saturday afternoon and they don’t work weekends, to have this resolved by Monday lunchtime is pretty impressive!

Happy days!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.