Cupra Leon MK4 2.0 TSI 190 - Missing exhaust sound

Jan 9, 2024
Hi!

I recently (finally) got my new Cupra Leon 2.0 TSI making 190HP, and so far i've been super happy with pretty much everything about it.
However, i have one problem with it - it's way too silent. And i feel like im not exaggerating if i say that its almost as silent as an electric, as i've had people ask me if it is one.

The car is rather quick, much quicker than i had anticipated, but the lack of sound takes away some of the feeling that im driving a quick car with the EA888 engine.

I've been looking for exhausts, and so far, Supersprint seems to be the only manufacturer selling one that fits. They do however state that the bumper needs to be trimmed for it to fit. Upon asking their customer service what exactly that entailed, the answer was less than satisfactory, as all the email said was "it does not fit".

I'm not looking to straight pipe it, change the GPF or anything of that caliber, just something that adds sound to the car, and something EEC compliant.

So my questions are,

What are my options? So far, i've not been able to find any exhausts that fit the car, and i'm kinda lost in it all. Does mufflers and tips meant for the 300hp variant fit?

ozu

Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I have the same car and I changed the trim that simulates the tails and put the ones on the 300, that's for aesthetics.

Now for sound, I'm the same, it sounds quite little at low rpms, and I was also looking for something to improve the sound without having to touch the exhaust much.

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
Hi,

You have to change the rear diffuser to the 300 one (or reiger) aftermarket one, and then get a GPF back “custom” exhaust from somewhere like cobra (they charge £795 for exactly this). You could keep the original diffuser and have your tips face downward in the original position without touching the bumper but then you still wouldn’t be able to see them obviously. For the extra £200 reiger is well worth it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members