Cupra Prices

golf gti dude

Lottery win needed.
Sep 2, 2012
Chester/Shanghai
I got offered a brand new one for september delivery for 23995. Was a cancelled order so was really cheap.

Was better spec than my cupra as well so bit gutted I didn't snap my mates hand off

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Thanks for that info.

It's difficult to get an accurate comparison because, in Spain, the dealers are on lower margins and the discounts (which can be very complicated) come from SEAT and change frequently.

That said, just taking the advertised price which does include some discounts, the base 280/DSG works out at about £22000. Clearly that is significantly cheaper than the UK, but that's mainly because the exchange rate has improved a lot recently.

Incidentally, it's a very rare car here - I have yet to see one, but I have only seen 3 FRs in the last 18 months!

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
Seems like the pricing in various countries in eu differs a lot. In czech the base price for 280 5doors dsg is 19200gbp , without any discounts so in real its lower. The main reason is weak cz currency i guess. No surprise a log of cars are being reexported from here.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Local taxes can make a big difference. In the UK it costs about £45 to register a new car, but in Spain there is a registration tax based on emissions, which can be as high as 14.75% of the list price. I understand that it is much higher than that in Eire.

Some time ago I was told that Denmark was a good place to buy a car for export as the local taxes were so high that the manufacturers lowered the pre-tax price to make up for it. As a result a tax free car for export was a good deal.

musli

Aug 12, 2015
Czech Republic, Prague
14.75% is a lot. Here you pay around 40gbp also, only in case when the car is euro0-1 emissions you pay 300gbp. But ive heard there are differences in specs also? Isnt the small navi part of standard in uk? Here u have to pay for small navi approx 630gbp.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
Yes, standard specs vary a lot. In the UK they include the tech pack with the LED headlights, but in Spain you pay a lot for it which is why nobody has it unless it's an ex demo car. We have to pay for the alarm, but in the UK it is included.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members