Cupra security

Mar 12, 2023
Hi All

I have a Formenter on lease order and would like.some advice please on security.

I don't have a garage unfortunately just a drive and thinking of buying a disklok and maybe a ghost switch .
Your advice is most appreciated

Regards
Mr C

Mar 12, 2023
Thanks for the reply so i take it turning the kessy off means you have to open the car door with a normal key ?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Thanks for the reply so i take it turning the kessy off means you have to open the car door with a normal key ?
No, just use remote as on my old car, the kessy allows you just to have fob in pocket and reach for door handle to open as your hand touches it. Having it off means no chance of thieves tricking the car into opening by connecting to the fob in the house.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Hi All

I have a Formenter on lease order and would like.some advice please on security.

I don't have a garage unfortunately just a drive and thinking of buying a disklok and maybe a ghost switch .
Your advice is most appreciated

Regards
Mr C
I keep mine on the drive too. If it helps, I place my key in a Faraday pouch when it's inside the house for a bit of extra security. However, I believe the key becomes inactive after a few minutes of not being used. Also Kessy can easily be deactivated in the infotainment system if you prefer.
The car does have a tracker btw.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
I use Faraday pouches all the time when leaving the car, even at petrol stations.

Then keys are left in faraday pouches in a tin far from the driveway.

Dashcams can also play their part in crime prevention.

A window sticker in front and back can also help to identify YOUR vehicle in the unfortunate event of having your plates cloned.

I'm told there are some Most Triumphant window stickers available on here somewhere... 😉👍

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I agree, I have front & rear dashcam installed in mine and it lasts for days in parking mode. The rear one captured 2 unruly fellows passing my drive that (allegedly) attempted to break into a neighbours van in the middle of the night a few months back.

I must get round to putting my stickers in the windows 😊. I think the tracking in the app is a great thing to have though if you suddenly find your pride & joy missing, or indeed if you forget where you've parked it ;)

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Definitely front and rear dashcams are a must, especially with the nutters on the road these days! Not sure about a steering wheel lock. I think it attracts more attention to the car if I’m honest. Shows thieves that the car is worth stealing.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Definitely front and rear dashcams are a must, especially with the nutters on the road these days! Not sure about a steering wheel lock. I think it attracts more attention to the car if I’m honest. Shows thieves that the car is worth stealing.
I have been using my Disclok on my Cupras for over 10 years and never had any attention.