Dash cam (New Cupra owner)

Jan 14, 2024
Hi everyone, I'm going to pick up my new Cupra Formentor V1 on Tuesday from Cazoo dealership . The car is 2021, the warranty is valid until September. I would like to know if I can install a front/rear camera. Or better to wait when warranty will end?

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
only really an issue for the electrics…which there are many!

if you run your Dashcam from the cig lighter then it shouldn’t affect warranty - if there are any issues witch the electrics I would remove dashcam from car before going to see Cupra just in case they try and say it was caused by the dashcam.

if you are hard wiring the dashcam in then they could say any electric fault may have been caused by the dashcam and may charge you rather than fix under warranty.

As most things are electrical on the Formentor I would suggest not hard wiring and instead using the cig lighter as I do.

Reactions: max_cox_
Jan 14, 2024
only really an issue for the electrics…which there are many!

if you run your Dashcam from the cig lighter then it shouldn’t affect warranty - if there are any issues witch the electrics I would remove dashcam from car before going to see Cupra just in case they try and say it was caused by the dashcam.

if you are hard wiring the dashcam in then they could say any electric fault may have been caused by the dashcam and may charge you rather than fix under warranty.

As most things are electrical on the Formentor I would suggest not hard wiring and instead using the cig lighter as I do.
Thank you. How do you have wires running from the camera to the cigarette lighter? Are they hanging out? I will be very grateful if you show me the photo

Cvpra

Mar 11, 2023
Wires are hidden, tucked behind the plastics in the cabin.

With the cig lighter being under the centre arm rest there is only a small amount of wire showing.

My dash cam is the Nextvbade 622GW with rear view attachment (not the best rear view but no wires for the back). So the rear cam attachment does an ok job. The front wires are tucked into the headlining and runs down the A pillar to the footwell quite nicely.

The wire supplied by Nextbase is long enough to do this route.

Jan 14, 2024
Great thank you. Will have a look when I get a my new Cupra. I've been using nextabase 422 for 2.5 years, but I don't want to take it off my old car, I don't have time. It will go to the part exchange tomorrow.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Theres a post on here somewhere showing you how to wire it on straight to the fusebox. I did mine and it works just fine.