Disabled check engine light Toledo 1999, how to re-enable?

Hi I'm new to this forum and I don't necessarily drive a Seat however I'm trying to find out for my father in law, who drives a 1999 Seat Toledo 1.9TDI in Macedonia on how we can re-enable the check engine light as it is not turning on at all even during the key in position 2 when all the lights light up on the instrument cluster.

Could someone have disabled it? Is that an easy process? What would it take to re-enable it? BTW there is no tape on the light, lol. I already checked the fuses they all look good.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi I'm new to this forum and I don't necessarily drive a Seat however I'm trying to find out for my father in law, who drives a 1999 Seat Toledo 1.9TDI in Macedonia on how we can re-enable the check engine light as it is not turning on at all even during the key in position 2 when all the lights light up on the instrument cluster.

Could someone have disabled it? Is that an easy process? What would it take to re-enable it? BTW there is no tape on the light, lol. I already checked the fuses they all look good.
Hi it is definitely possible someone has disabled that light. The best way is to remove the cluster and check the bulb hasn’t been removed as that’s how it was done on early cars. However if it was removed you may have a underlining issue with the car that was causing the light to come on in the first place.

Reactions: infinite_curvature
Hi it is definitely possible someone has disabled that light. The best way is to remove the cluster and check the bulb hasn’t been removed as that’s how it was done on early cars. However if it was removed you may have a underlining issue with the car that was causing the light to come on in the first place.
Oh so just the bulb could have been removed? Weird haha. Ok I'll have him take a look at this, thank you.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Oh so just the bulb could have been removed? Weird haha. Ok I'll have him take a look at this, thank you.
Hi yes it could be a case of refitting a bulb hopefully unless someone has done something else but if it was me I’d check the bulb first see if it’s missing. You’ll have to open the cluster up and check inside to see how that section is lit up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members