display query?

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
the climate control display on my cupra cut off the other night!! so i though oh well il have to get it fixed! so next morning start car up and its back on but instead on temperature.. when you turn the heat up or down it says

L5 L4 L3 L2 L1 H1 H2 H3 H4 H5

anyone know how to change it back or what this means?

any help would be good thanx

merlin051

Oil Burner!
Aug 22, 2006
North East, Darlington
Thats the menu accessed by holding the AUTO button down for 5 secs, check see if its stuck in. To get it back to normal I just normally turn the fans off alltogether and it should reset back to normal settings.

If not try holding AUTO in for 5 secs see what that gets you.

teknow

Feb 10, 2007
Great Wyrley, Walsall
I've had my car for 7.5 years and didn't realise that menu exists.....

OOOOHHH MYYYYY GOOOODDD!

I won't be bored driving to work next week lads, I'll be playing with the heater all week now!

rofl

Cupra_J_RS

Yellow Perril Cupra
May 14, 2007
Solihull, Birmingham
Having spent ages searching, this seems to be the most relevant thread...

My heater/air con keeps automatically switching itself on everytime I put my key in the ignition. (Put key in ignition, switch car on, heater comes on full blast, air con comes on, I then have to manually switch the 'auto' button off followed by air con).

It never used to do this.

I cleaned it at the weekend so i'm guessing I pressed some buttons on the heater controls which has changed the settings or something.

Anyone know how to change it? What does the settings/options button do as described above?

Thanks.

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
Is the heat still ok as mines does this but i thought it was because my sensor was broke. The heating is only warm when it is at hi. It is cold at any other figure

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members