DIY hardwire dashcam installation

Aug 2, 2020
Random question!!

I just recently installed my webcam, but the bolt in the picture in opening post for the ground wire was missing. Only realised having seen these pictures.

The car has front parking sensors retrofitted by previous owner, so suspect it was done then!!

Anyway, does anyone know the part number for this bolt as I will order another one

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Random question!!

I just recently installed my webcam, but the bolt in the picture in opening post for the ground wire was missing. Only realised having seen these pictures.

The car has front parking sensors retrofitted by previous owner, so suspect it was done then!!

Anyway, does anyone know the part number for this bolt as I will order another one
I don't think you need to order one just go to your local DIY place and get a 6mm bolt, it will cost penny's
but why have you fitted a "Webcam" ? would you not been better with a "Dashcam" !

Aug 2, 2020
I don't think you need to order one just go to your local DIY place and get a 6mm bolt, it will cost penny's
but why have you fitted a "Webcam" ? would you not been better with a "Dashcam" !
Thank you confirming the size ?

Year dashcam haham. Wish it was webcam quality mind

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Hi lads, I’ve got pic related to fit when I get round to it. I have the same one in my BM but the wiring kit for that one is powered permanently by an ODB connector.

I want this one permanently powered, it turns off/low power until either the camera or sensor detect movement. It auto switches off if it senses the battery being drained, which it shouldn’t do as the car is used almost 24h a day.

I’m ready for the rear camera to interfere with the DAB, what I did in the BM is move the camera and wire it around the rear window and roof lining until signal was restored. Alternatively I think a ferrous magnet *might* work.

Anyway see the pic and wire connectors and if possible recommend the easiest way for permanent feed. Chars
A78622E7-5AFD-4380-8A02-8B699663C547.jpeg

trebor

Dec 13, 2014
Worcester
Does anyone know a fuse that I can tap into that allows continuous power?

Just ordered a dashcam that has a motion sensor capability when the car is turned off but still requires power?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
From memory when I had mine, one of the unused fuse slots has a permanent live. I just made a short lead with a spade connector and buzzed through with a meter until I found the live.

Reactions: ALEXZ360

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I'm sure there's a permanent live next to the cigarette lighter so you can swap if you want it always on

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Does anyone know a fuse that I can tap into that allows continuous power?

Just ordered a dashcam that has a motion sensor capability when the car is turned off but still requires power?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
You don't put constant power on a dash cam,as if you do it will constantly keep recording, so if you have a incedent and you don't look quickly at the footage it will over write, you will find if it has a internal battery and you have a trigger it will record and then shut down again

Reactions: Nick Bacon

firstleonowner

Feb 26, 2016
trying to hardwire my dashcam to a seat leon 5F. looks like the ground is behind the dash side panel ( wish i had read this forum first ) , can anyone tell me how to remove the side panel without damaging it, thanks

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
What radio said, it's really easy you won't damage it

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.